cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to network

JonLmanning
Joining in

I'm 4 reboots in and my router is suddenly unable to connect to my PC or my printer. If it does at all, it's 20mbps. The phones get the full 200mbps. Half my system is disabled or offline. 

What changed?

11 REPLIES 11

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JonLmanning,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that your network keeps causing you problems.

Do you still need help with this?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jonmanning
Tuning in

Hi

Yes this is still a big issue.

Today I have a 12 mbps service via my repeater in the next room. So I've got a better signal through a wall than direct from my router - which I'm deeply suspicious of.  

Virgin network services finally FINALLY came up with a diagnosis that I should do a re-set on the modem rather than a reboot - and it worked.

Back to 209 mbps

But why on earth do I have to wait a week for an automated system to come up with the solution???????? Especially when the problem is the Virgin kit.

Expletives deleted

Hi @jonmanning

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the broadband issues. Upon doing a system check, all of your downstream power levels are out of specification. This will need a technician visit to the property to sort out.

I shall send you a PM now to get some details and arrange this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @jonmanning

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in.

This can be tracked in your online account - virg.in/myVM 

Let us know how the visit goes 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Whenever you have a problem with your PC or broadband, don't waste time trying to diagnose what's wrong as a reboot of the PC or hub/router often resolves the problem. A pinhole reset should be done if a reboot doesn't work, just keep pressure on the pin for a good 30 seconds.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

delete

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Engineer called today and attenuated the signal to my router to help it stabilise.

He also had a lot of useful advice about wi-fi speeds around the building.

That's great to hear @jonmanning and thank you for updating us. 

Are things now looking a little better with the set up and connection?

Thank you.