Menu
Jlb19721
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to VPN

I’m trying to connect my work surface pro to the VPN but am unable to. IT have said this is a common issue with Virgin and they need to disable ANES. When I spoke to Virgin they said they were unable to do anything.

Can anyone help.? I have connected to the router but can’t find any options to do this myself .

Thanks 

0 Kudos
KeithW
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to connect to VPN

Unfortunately the ability for us to turn off Advanced Network Error Search seems to be broken.

A member of the forum team will be able to turn this off for you, lead times on them getting to this can be around a week.

hope this is of some help.

**********************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

Jlb19721
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks . I cant understand why the Virgin team weren't  able to do this when i called them . Will someone let me know when its done .?

0 Kudos
cowgirl-jessie
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. I need to connect to my work VPN and Virgin are no help at all. Are you able to help? Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Jlb19721
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No-one has been able to help Smiley Sad I was told that a moderator maybe able to do this for me but I haven't heard anything at all. I am currently tethered to my work phone which is not very helpful. Let me know if anyone helps you please

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi JIb19721, 

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the Community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with your VPN connection. I can turn ANES off for you, I just need to clear security first. 

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with more info. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dimi3
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

Just has spoken with a Gadget Rescue team member about ability to have VPN and he said Virgin don't provide this service to their clients. But as i can see from this topic some clients do have VPN? Can anybody advise on it?

Thx

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

People have their own VPN it's not provided by Virgin

0 Kudos
tink12
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I made a post about VPNs and Virgin Media a week ago here (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/SH3-VPN/m-p/3732484/highlight/false#M185134), asking whether I will have problems connecting to my VPN as a result of using VM as my broadband connection.

Having just come across this thread, will I encounter issues with regard to VPN functionality when using Virgin Media or is this just an isolated case?

0 Kudos
louiseballinger
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Can someone please help me! i have had numerous calls with Virgin about my VPN to be told different things on each call!

I am currently unable to connect to my VPN for work due to problems with my hub! I have been told that Super Hub 3.0 cannot connect to VPN's is this correct?

I have also logged in to my router and my work it company have tried everything to get it working!

Can anyone shed some light on my issue as i think i may be forced to cancel my virgin as i need to work from home!

Thanks in advance.

Louise

0 Kudos