Menu
jerometanuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to Netflix

Does anyone have a problem connecting to Netflix?

Engineer came round yesterday and installed broadband and TV, so I'm using Virgin's services for the first time.

Netflix just doesn't want to load using Virgin's internet connection, it just stays on the logo with the loading icon. I tried it on the Virgin channel + red button, tried it on PlayStation 3 + 4, laptop, mobile phone and tablet or web browser at Netflix's own website.

It's definitely not a problem with the Netflix account since I can stream and download onto the same mobile and laptop mentioned above using WIFI at work.

Even if I have the app already on and then connect to Virgin's network, streaming times out or the download doesn't start.

All other streaming services that I know of like youtube and twitch does work though.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to Netflix

Dont know if this is the cause of your issue but I couldnt connect either when I first got the V6 - what I did is in message 8 - might be worth a try

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Netflix-not-working-with-v6/m-p/3600595#M24353

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jerometanuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh okay, I will give this a go tomorrow night and see if this makes any difference. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
jerometanuk
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nope that didn't work. 

I message customer service the other day and unfortunately I wasn't at home to go through the process with them. They suggest doing a pin hole reset so everything goes back to factory settings. I will do this on my day off just in case the passwords reset and I don't know them.

0 Kudos