Menu
davvo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to Internet intermittently - 2g/5g conflict?

In the last week or so my connection keeps dropping on various devices. Often, if I switch fom 2g to 5g or vice versa it works again, then drops out a few minutes later.

Makes streaming Netflix etc virtually impossible, very frustrating. Called 150, but they just have the usual simple troubleshooting suggestions, none of which improve the situation. I'm thinking there must be an issue with the router, as it happens with multiple devices.

Can anyone suggest a way of solving this, or maybe a contact for someone with better solutions than 'reset your router' , or 'turn your devices off and on again'

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to connect to Internet intermittently - 2g/5g conflict?

Have you got any wired connections and are they ok? Also go into your hub on 192.168.0.1 and post your up/down stream stats and network log. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
davvo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to Internet intermittently - 2g/5g conflict?

Thanks, I have a hive and an Apple TV connected by ethernet, no noticeable issues with either.

Can't seem to figure out how to copy and paste from the superhub settings page, but there are a few 'error 82000200 - no ranging response received - T3 timeout' messages

Downstream Power levels are around 3 or 4, with RxMER 36.84, and Upstream around 43 which seem to be in the right bracket I think? Again when I try and copy that it doesn't paste across. I also note there are pre RS Errors of 2722, and post Rs errors of 314. Not sure if that is significant?

0 Kudos