cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect hp printer

Anderton
Joining in

Hi, just had hub5 installed. Every device connects no problem to the Wi-Fi other than my Hp deskjet printer.  I have deleted it off

my computer and re-installed and still says incorrect password although correct.  Any suggestions 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It may be something to do with the Hub5 having the Wifi 6 protocol (802.11ax) rather than the Wifi5 one the printer is expecting (802.11ac). One or two people have posted similar issues. Search the forum or someone else might know the solution.

I would rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz SSID's so they are separate and you can connect the printer just to the 2.4 and see if that helps

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for update.  I’ll keep searching as I’m not comfortable doing what you’ve suggested.  I’ll probably break it altogether 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you don’t want to split the SSID, as a test just disable the 5Ghz WiFi signal. Try the printer and if it works you will have to rename the 5Ghz SSID as suggested by John. 
The WiFi band is easy to disable and re- enable as it’s only a tick box. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Anderton, 

Thank you for your post, how is it looking since your post? Did the advice from @jbrennand and @Adduxi help?

Zoie

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any ‘playing about’ of the settings in any VM hub can be easily remove and set back to the shipped state by doing a pin hole reset of the hub. It’s not rocket science.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Even a pinhole reset is a step too far for some. 😊

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks