cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Virgin Connect App to Hub 3

Vigflyer
Tuning in

I’m a new customer, trying to connect the Virgin Media Connect App to Hub 3. The App is unable to find or connect to my Hub 3 . Does the Hub have to have the factory set SSID in order to find and connect? I have changed the SSID to my old router (BT hub 6) to save having to change all Wi-Fi access details on all my wifi connecting devices? 

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Hero

For the Connect app to work a fair wind is needed and you must have an IP address on the local network i.e. no VPN tools active.

Using the link below check that only an IPV4 value is shown and the ISP is Virgin Media. 

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

If an IPv6 IP or the ISP is not Virgin Media disable the VPN / Apple Private Browsing / IP Hiding tools.

Hi, many thanks for quick response, I checked the link provided and confirm IPv4 is correct and the ISP is Virgin Media Ltd. Any other suggestions would be most welcome. 

VM Connect app is a quite flaky - try later !

The Hub can be contacted at http://192.168.0.1   the Hub's admin password is printed on a stuck on label ( it is not the WiFi password )

Finally got connected, APP definitely flaky as it took 2-3 days before APP and Hub 3 found each other after a factory reset. Not sure if it was because the factory reset restored the SSID before connecting. I took the decision to change all my connected devices to the new SSID rather than hold out for 2-3 days with my old SSID which might have worked!  

Hi @Vigflyer 

Thanks for updating the thread that the Connect App is now working, apologies you had some teething issues with it. Have you been able to do a wireless scan in the property? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes, once the app was connected to the hub I was able to carry out Wi-Fi connection on each room.