cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect VM Hotspot

Wasitn87
On our wavelength

Hi there, I’m a Virgin media Broadband customer and I can’t access VM Hotspot on my IPhone 12 Pro Max, basically when trying to access WiFi it says Profile downloaded and I need to go to settings and install the profile, I go to settings and nothing appears there.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi which software version is your phone on?  If you go to Settings > General > About.  It should tell you there 

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Hi thanks for your messages, it’s IOS 14.6 and before upgrading to this version I had the same issue.

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

BumbleVMTech_0-1628455837758.png

In settings you should see this option after downloading the profile, it should say 'Profile Downloaded' when you click on this it should have an option to install

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Hi

i can’t see the image you attached, I’m sure that would be the same setting that app tells me to open and click on it to install, when I go to the setting I can’t find that option to install the profile.

I’ve just realised that my default web browser was Chrome, had to change it to Safari and was able to download and see the profile in settings, installed it successfully. 
So if anybody is trying to setup VM Hotspot for the first time through the connect app on IOS, I’d strongly recommend to keep Safari your default web browser.

Thanks for your reply and update, Wasitn87, glad to hear you were able to set up the profile.

Cheers,

Corey C