cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect TP Link Range Extender

JohnK55
Tuning in

Hi,

I've just tried to connect a TP Link RE200 range extender to my Superhub but it won't connect. I've tried both the long way & WPS but neither work.

Any idea what the problem could be?

18 REPLIES 18

Dean_M7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

Give the hub a pinhole reset, if that doesn't restore connectivity PM me and we'll see if we can remedy the issue for you.

Thanks,

Dean M

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Gary,

I'm trying to connect an RE650 and I'm going around and around in circles. Help!

Bill.

@Gilbert66 wrote:

Hi Gary,

I'm trying to connect an RE650 and I'm going around and around in circles. Help!

Bill.

What are you stuck on?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Nothing that I do seems to enable a connection to the new RE650. 

WPS connection doesn't seem to do anything.

Set up using the web browser only seems to work. I get most of the way through the stages but when I get to the final stage where I can choose to keep the default SSIDs I come to a grinding halt. Nothing seems to allow me to bring on the LEDs on the extender.

Update the firmware on it to the latest release then factory reset it and try the setup again 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

I feel like I'm going backwards.

I updated the firmware using an ethernet connection. All went through fine with the firmware and I could see the new firmware detail in the browser window.

I then disconnected the ethernet cable and am trying to connect wirelessly to try set up again. I can't get connected. If I try http:/192.168.0.254 I get -"This site can't be reached." If I try http://tplinkrepeater.net I get a new screen (which looks like a pdf) saying "Trying to Configure the Range Extender"

I tried resetting the RE650 and nothing changes.

You're connected to the default TP Link SSID?

I've tried to connect to the default TP Link SSID - but I don't seem to be able to connect.

End the madness use hub in modem mode get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------