cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change DHCP settings

Grish616
Tuning in

Hi there,

I am trying to change the DHCPv4 server settings on my Hub 4.

I had changed this previously on the Hub 4, however this is now showing an error every time I try to change the starting local address stating that the address is in use for other Hub 4 functions.

I need to be able to change this in order to access my employer's VPN as their range clashes with most at-home ranges.

Please can someone assist me with this? I had changed this on the Hub 4 only perhaps 2 or so months ago and now I can't change it.

If I can't work I can't pay the bills 😬

11 REPLIES 11

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Grish616, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am sorry you are having issues with your VPN, we are unable to assist with VPN issues, as we do not support them.
Zoie

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Use hub in modem mode with a PC that will work and think about getting your own router with 1Gb ports.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Zoie,

Surely you support changes to DHCP settings though as I had this working on my Hub 4 until Tuesday this week?

A strange thing happened overnight on Sunday night/Monday morning and a whole bunch of my household devices dropped off the network and couldn't reconnect (some of them are still offline) and I hadn't changed anything with the router. This seemed to affect devices trying to connect via the 2.4GHz connection (security cameras, Amazon devices)

Have I got a faulty Hub 4 that needs replacing? It's a bit weird how it suddenly died off overnight when it's been fine for months 🤔 other people I know with Hub 4's are able to change their DHCP addresses so how come mine suddenly can't find a free address?

Thanks, I'm trying to avoid that though because there isn't an awful lot of space for such things, but mainly because I've been able to change my DHCP settings for the last 3 years that I've been with virgin so I'm struggling to see why they suddenly wouldn't allow someone to change this 🤔

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Grish616 wrote:

Thanks, I'm trying to avoid that though because there isn't an awful lot of space for such things,

Its not like I'm asking you to get a network rack cabinet😜

No, but again, I bought a thing that worked and now VM have decided to make it not work so the onus is on them to undo whatever wild ideas they had earlier this week, no?

Why should I make my house more cluttered because of their error?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You likely had a firmware update and VM likely do nothing about it because they like defaults and modem mode which are simple to understand the real error is the VPN your works uses a well-known simple home network subnet for like 20 years.

Maybe it's about time VM did do something about it 😁 

I can't change the VPN rules from my employer, but seeing as most other employees aren't having this issue and I've been fine with my Hub 4 for the last 6 weeks then they ought to push out a fix if it's a poor firmware update 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Ok you can wait so in the mean time what you going to do? Use modem mode on and off till its fixed? I mean you be waiting a long time.