Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to authorise connection

Julit14
Tuning in

Morning all,

Twitter sent me here to the experts!

Since yesterday, I've not been able to connect to WiFi. The TV is connected, my husband's phone is connected, our Google home devices are all working. The only issue seems to be my phone. I have a full signal but am either seeing a "cannot authorise connection" or "connected without Internet" message. 

I have hard reset the router, restarted my phone - both numerous times, I've forgotten the network and rejoined, the hub isn't new and my device hasn't had an update recently.... I'm lost. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The mobile network signal on a phone has nothing to do with the WiFi connectivity for starters, but hey ho.

Can this same phone connect to other wireless routers, or is it only your home one that it has problems with? Is your phone an iOS or Android model?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I meant the WiFi signal is strong, not my mobile signal.

I have an android phone and can connect to other networks.

Hi Julit14

What is the make and model of your handset 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

As I wasn't getting very far, I did a network reset on my phone and so far it seems to be holding up. From what I can see at the moment, it's a fault with my phone rather than the broadband. For info, my phone is a Samsung A20e.

Jules

Thanks for coming back to us with your update @Julit14, how is it going at the moment, any further issues since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, 

It's been a bit patchy but I'm pretty convinced it's my phone that's the issue. 

Thanks for the help within the forum.

Jules

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Julit14

Thanks for the reply!

Do you not experience the issues on any other devices at all?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs