cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to apply changes to connect device names in the hub 4 web page

Manj75
Dialled in

Connect to the Hub 4 web page through IP 198.162.0.1 and the Home page shows the 'Hub 4 Status Overview' listing all the iconified connected devices.  The names for some of the devices are sent through by the device and are acceptable, however some appear as meaningless names or even as 'Unknown', which I want to rename.

The devices are shown in a grid view of 4 across and I successfully renamed these for the first row. The problem occurs in renaming any devices on subsequent rows when clicking on 'Apply' appears as successful, however on refreshing the rename is actually saved on the device of the previous row up, which is the incorrect device with the one I wanted to change unchanged.

• Is this a known bug of the hub 4 internal web page?
  • Has anyone been able to rename all devices that display on multiple rows successfully, if so how have you done it?

Ranting Feedback on User Experience...

The UI is very very poor design imho, there are two pages to view the devices on

1) the Welcome page where devices are shown as icons and renaming them can only occur here, however you are not fully informed of the device to appropriately rename.  For example multiple devices may by default come up as 'Unknown'. It would have been better to show the IP address and MAC address with the Icons.

2) Device list can also be seen on the 'Connected devices' page which is a detailed view of each device shown the IP address, MAC address and Connection Method, but you cannot rename the device on this page - surely it would have been better to allow the device renaming on this page.

With the way it is you have to toggle between the 'Connected devices' to confirm the devices and the Home page to rename it, but still there would always be an issue because the order they are displayed can change on refresh or switching between pages that would make it difficult to distinguish for same named devices such as 'Unknown'.

This should be raised as a bug and fixed for both the device name editing and poor User Experience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alphaomega16
Up to speed

You can rename all your devices BUT you cannot have more than 4 connected at a time, for some reason it will keep renaming top row no matter what row you click so rename 4 then disconnect them, then connect another 4 and rename them and so on then you can connect them all.

I know its a royal PITA roundabout way of doing it but these things seem to be cheap and easy unlike the Superhub 2 which I loved.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
It will never be fixed and should be removed
---------------------------------------------------------------

alphaomega16
Up to speed

You can rename all your devices BUT you cannot have more than 4 connected at a time, for some reason it will keep renaming top row no matter what row you click so rename 4 then disconnect them, then connect another 4 and rename them and so on then you can connect them all.

I know its a royal PITA roundabout way of doing it but these things seem to be cheap and easy unlike the Superhub 2 which I loved.

alphaomega16 - thanks for this it has worked updating 4 devices at a time.

You are very welcome mate 🙂
Bit of a roundabout way of doing things but glad you got it going ok 🙂