cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access adult content

wwillcox
Joining in

I've recently moved house and had a new router installed and have noticed I can't access any adult content. I know it's the WiFi because on a 4g connection it works fine. I've checked all my security settings and all the safe searches are switched off, even tried updating my DNS to Google and still nothing. 

The error I get is:

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Google DNS should work...
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Google DNS should work...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yep that's now worked. Thanks!

HI. Hope u are well. 

I got hub 5 and having exactly the same problem. Could you please tell me how did you manage that. 

Client62
Hero

Bypass Child Safe & Virus Safe

Below are workarounds for when Child Safe & Virus Safe does not or cannot be turned off

Changing network settings to use any Public DNS should re-gain full access for the device.

Try computers with Cisco’s OpenDNS using 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

OpenDNS provide instructions here : https://use.opendns.com/

For Google Public DNS it would be the same method using  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

For XBOX or Playstation: modify the network settings and specify the DNS manually as the OpenDNS or Google DNS numbers from above.

For Android: 

Settings >> Connections >> More connection settings >> Private DNS

Set “Private DNS provider name” to:  dns.google   (disable when using mobile data)

Client62
Hero

Sky Q with VM Hub

May see message “It looks like you do not have an internet connection”

Set the Sky Q DNS to a Public DNS to resolve connection caused by VM’s “Child Safe” DNS content filter blocking access.

Settings >> Status >> Network Connection >> Network Setup >> Advanced Settings >> IP Settings >> Set Manually >> DNS Server: 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 >> Confirm >> back. 

Hi @Dariusz1 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

I can see you've been in touch with the team. Has this problem now been resolved?

Thank you for your support @Client62 👍

Regards,
Daniel