cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access admin page in modem mode Superhub 3

ashenmaster
Joining in

Hi there, I've currently got a bit of an odd problem, I've switched the SH3 into modem mode so that I can use the archer vr400 asdl modem (set to wireless router mode), the SH3 is working fine (best that I can tell), has a magenta light and I can browse the internet absolutely fine on all connected devices, the strangeness is I cannot currently access the SH3 admin pages whilst connected.

If I run:

arp -a

I can see the 192.168.100.1 IP address on the network but every time I try and access the page the browser times out or returns ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In modem mode the settings are indeed accessed at 192.168.100.1 ( 192.168.0.1 if Hub is in router mode) - I do it all the time.

Often its a browser and cache problem so fire up a browser you haven't used before and try that (Firefox, Opera, etc).
Also I and others have sometimes noticed it wont connect via wifi for some unfathomable reason and requires your PC/Laptop to be connected by ethernet cable - try that on a different browser too.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Try a quick reboot on the Hub.

The Hub 3 base light is red in modem mode.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In modem mode the settings are indeed accessed at 192.168.100.1 ( 192.168.0.1 if Hub is in router mode) - I do it all the time.

Often its a browser and cache problem so fire up a browser you haven't used before and try that (Firefox, Opera, etc).
Also I and others have sometimes noticed it wont connect via wifi for some unfathomable reason and requires your PC/Laptop to be connected by ethernet cable - try that on a different browser too.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tried rebooting the hub, several times in fact, as I say it seems to be doing it's job and letting me access the internet absolutely fine. I can see the ip being assigned to my third party router no issue. On second check the light could be red/pink.

Tried different browsers and devices with the same result, might have to try an ethernet line straight into the router but it'll mean me ordering an adapter for my laptop which I'd like to avoid if possible.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A tenner on eBay/Amazon - always worth having for times like these and also for testing BB speeds - as only ethernet derived speedtest data counts in the real world 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

Did you manage to get this working?

I cannot access the modem admin page 192.168.100.1, I'm not sure if its because my home network IP starts with 172.16.

SH5 Modem Mode, Firewalla Gold+ Router, Ubiquiti U6 APs

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Yeah I did in the end, had to run an ethernet between my laptop and the VM hub. From what you're describing it sounds like you're on a different subnet to your hub at the moment

@ashenmaster wrote:

Yeah I did in the end, had to run an ethernet between my laptop and the VM hub. From what you're describing it sounds like you're on a different subnet to your hub at the moment

If the Hub is in modem mode, then you have to be on a different subnet.

Telumehtar
On our wavelength

The reason is your router needs to know how to send packets to the modem and vice versa. (Normally packets just go straight to the internet, I guess, and there is not 192.168.100.1 on the internet.)

I use pfSense and got it working by adding an outbound NAT rule with source 192.168.1.0/24 and destination 192.168.100.0/24. That seemed to do the trick.