Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access a specific website

JayPatrol
Tuning in

When I try to access this website: invo-tech.com I get the following message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.invo-tech.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

My browser is up to date. I am able to access the site through my Three service.

The website domain in question is hosted by Siteground and they have stated there are no known errors associated with accessing the invo-tech.com website.

The domain's DNS was changed on Friday as part of a migration. The DNS settings appear to have fully propagated.

Can you help please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

g0akc
Problem sorter

It’s giving me a virus safe error 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

g0akc
Problem sorter

It’s giving me a virus safe error 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Thank you for looking.

I look after the website for a friend. I wondered there might be problem like that and ran a Wordfence Security malware scanner and no viruses were found - it's showing as completely clean.

That's frustrating! The forum doesn't differentiate between a helpful answer and an actual solution 🙂

I guess I should repost if I want to to progress to a solution?

No need to repost - others will chime in here regardless of the ‘status’ shown against the thread….

g0akc
Problem sorter

@JayPatrol wrote:

The domain's DNS was changed on Friday as part of a migration. The DNS settings appear to have fully propagated.

It appears to be a DNS issue - I can't get a proper answer from my VM DNS nor access the site if using VM DNS.  It seems it has not yet propagated to VMs DNS servers.

If I change to using, say, Google (8888) I can access the web site

Try changing your DNS and see if you can access.  I'll have a further look.

g0akc
Problem sorter

I checked slightly further

NSlookup yields different IP address for that URL if on my VM DNS or Google's DNS.

I can see their hosting server OK using the address provided by Google DNS.  It will likely give a certificate error if not presenting the full URL or if it's still propagating?

My conclusion - Their DNS entry hasn't prorogated to VM's DNS servers yet - try it again in say 48 hours.  In the meantime use a different DNS server.

Many thanks - will wait and check again as you suggest.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JayPatrol 

I've just tested on my VM connection and the page loads without any problems for myself.

involutioninvolution

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Still not working for me with VM dns

ok with Google dns