cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two hub numbers?

jayess
Dialled in

An engineer came and replaced our hub. He commented we were still connected to our old hub number as well (from our last hub replacement not so long ago). He fixed that but now I notice when going to connect to new hub I can still see our old hub number (2nd hub) as well as new one. The engineer seems to have removed connection to 1st hub number but now I can see 2nd and third when connecting. Do I need to get them back to fix this? Our signal isn’t as good as it was any more. It gets worse every time they change our hub 😢.

I hope someone understands what I’m trying to say 😁.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

g0akc
Problem sorter

@jayess wrote:

Yes sorry I do mean wireless network name. Yes I have a booster and I haven’t reset it yet. Is this causing my problem?

That's what I expected - as stated, that will still be giving out the details of your old hub, but without a valid connection.  Phones and other devices will be trying to use it.

You need to reset it so it is associated with your new hub and only gives those new details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

g0akc
Problem sorter

What do you mean by hub number?

Do you mean wireless network name (SSID) - like VM12345678 ?

Do you have any boosters or pods?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Yes sorry I do mean wireless network name. Yes I have a booster and I haven’t reset it yet. Is this causing my problem?

@jayess wrote:

Yes it is, it is still broadcasting the old wireless network name but isn’t connected to the new hub. If a device ‘remembers’ the old name it will connect to it OK but can’t get any further.

g0akc
Problem sorter

@jayess wrote:

That's what I expected - as stated, that will still be giving out the details of your old hub, but without a valid connection.  Phones and other devices will be trying to use it.

You need to reset it so it is associated with your new hub and only gives those new details.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The SSID name setup initially in your hub is a default one. No way do you have to use this. Far better to set it to something  more memorable. like 'myhome' then is you change hubs you just change the SSID name on the new one and do not have to do anything to your devices. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you!

g0akc
Problem sorter

You can always give the new hub the old hub SSID and password - saves changing it on every device - but may cause confusion later.

Thank you

Thank you