Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off WiFi Hotspot / Sharing

gtaylor1000
Joining in

Please can you disable my WiFi Hotspot / sharing I do not want this enabled

Regards

19 REPLIES 19

@Vicki8 of course it is entirely your prerogative and you really do not have to give any justification, but I am curious, why exactly do you want it disabled?

@jem101 I'd rather not have my router broadcasting an open channel. Was fairly sure I opted out of WiFi Sharing when I signed up...

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The WiFi hotspot is entirely separate from your own access to the VM Hub and so should not impact on your own use.

Also it isn't an open channel in that it can only be accessed by other VM broadband or mobile customers using their account credentials.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Graham_A Thanks, aware it's an entirely separate channel.

Nevertheless, I would like it disabled in my case, and am unable to do so from my account. If a VM staff member can pick this up, it would be appreciated.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
I'm surprised VM didn't just leave it as “you want WiFi Hotspot / Sharing off? Use modem mode.”
---------------------------------------------------------------

I would very much appreciate a response from a Virgin rep on this.

Hi Vicki8, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with turning the WiFi sharing off. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

botancik
Settling in

Sign in "my virgin media" account 

Open "Account settings"

Open "WiFi  hotspots"

Remove mark on " Opt in to VM WiFi"

Save changes.

That's it Fox 😉

No more limits if you share a lot. 

My hub 3.0 share 200 mb of my 250 speed. So weird hiding problems from support. 

omgzhobbs
On our wavelength

I'd like to disable this as well.  I live in a city center and I generally do not want my hub shared.

The website page to disable this, just shows an error making it impossible to disable

Client62
Hero

The "Virgin Media" Hotspots have very little use and will all be phased out by the end of November 2023.