cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Advanced network error search.

Mrron77
Joining in

Hi can someone Turn off Advanced network error search. I've tried the web page and looked for an option in my router but it's not on there, my wife works from home and her laptop isn't working because of this being on. Could effect her job so some quick help would be appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you try https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/settings?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Yes thanks, it says it's off but still no joy with the work laptop working. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours to respond. 

Hi @Mrron77,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you seem to be having some issues with Advanced Network error search being enabled. Please respond to the private message that I'll send to you in a moment and we can go from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes I did thanks it didn't seem to help. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mrron77,

Thanks for coming back to us about this ongoing issue. I can see that you were chatting to my colleague about this issue via Private Messages. 

If this issue is still ongoing, please respond to their most recent message so that we can investigate this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Mrron77 wrote:

Yes I did thanks it didn't seem to help. 

As this doesn't seem to have been resolved for you, one thing you could try, but it depends on how comfortable you or your wife are with changing settings on the laptop (and it may not even be possible if the laptop has been locked down), is to change the DNS server setting on the network (WiFi or wired) connection that the laptop is using.

By default it will automatically pick up Virgin Media's DNS servers and so be susceptible to their quirks and foibles, manually changing the DNS to, say Google's DNS servers on 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 will bypass this and 'should' allow the laptop to connect properly. If you wife takes the laptop back into the office, then she will need to revert the DNS settings back to defaults while there.

Yes, annoying and maybe not even possible but it could be a temporary workaround.