cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Trying to Get my New Router Activated

KulMahay
Joining in

Today I ended up speaking with seven different people over the space of 3 hours and only one took the time out to help but couldn't because it was past 5pm. I was left completely disappointed and mentally exhausted. 

Here's my story with Virgin Media Business so far:

πŸ€”Back in 2020, as soon as we went into lockdown, I decided that I had to upgrade to Virgin Media Business and the fastest broadband package.

πŸ™„ The person I signed on with got my business name wrong and it took months before someone finally changed it for me (in a five minute call)

😩 Shortly after my broadband speed started to suffer. Virgin just said it seemed fine according to their records and did nothing to help. I ended up paying a private broadband supplier to fit mesh units throughout my house so we could get consistent signals.

πŸ˜€ Last week I spoke to Virgin and they suggested I upgrade to the (get this) 1000mbps package. All of that speed for about Β£8 per month saving. It was a no brainer.

πŸ˜€ I was told that the router would be delivered and I just needed to fit it and then ring up for activation. It arrived. I fitted it today. Only to realise there was no number provided.

😳 Over the past 3 hours, I have spoken to 7 different people to get the router activated:

🚫 One was very rude when I jokingly mentioned I had been through the 7 step security questions 3 times

🚫 2 simply told me I had phoned the wrong Dept and transferred me which meant another 15 minutes of waiting each time

🚫 2 kept asking me to plug and unplug the new router several times and then put me on hold for 15-20 minutes, after which they put phone down.

🚫 Finally I was told (by the best representative so far) that it was too late in the day to do anything and that the problem could only be resolved by the Connections Dept.

It feels like I'm being held hostage by one department that decides whether or not my router works but don't work beyond 5pm or weekends. 

So here I am with a weekend of no Internet.

It feels as if Virgin don't care about me or my business.

I wish I could speak to the right person in Virgin Media and to offer my services to improve the customer services within their team.

I believe we should build cultures where our people are so happy and valued that they simply want to do their very best. This is what my business does for other companies. I never thought I'd be offering my service to Virgin Media. 

I joined Virgin as a business customer because I believed in the brand but the reality has been excruciatingly painful.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately this board only deals with residential VM users not business users and the VM staff on the board have no access to the business side of the operation. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the narrow point on branding where you say

"I joined Virgin as a business customer because I believed in the brand"

I hate to say it but bearded tax exile Branson has absolutely nothing to do with Virgin Media anymore other than collect a handsome fee via his VEL Holdings Ltd brand licensing vehicle.

VM is actually part of the cuddly Liberty Global company under upstanding global citizen CEO John Malone. 

Thanks for that. 

I had no idea to be fair. I will have to research that further but clearly they have customer service right up there at the top of their agenda.