Menu
Wayneaxe
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Trustworthy help?

I called through on telephone line 150 and after approx 45 mins spoke to an assistant, potentially not in the UK.  I asked if I could arrange for my modem to be moved, and I was informed it was Ok for me to move it myself from an upstairs to a downstairs room, moving the cable from the outside of the house to a different room on the ground floor. This would save me £99. Is this ok to do? I asked for confirmation email and haven't got my hopes up. Please help. Thanks,

Wayne.

0 Kudos
Wayneaxe
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Modem move

... I've been told by helpline I can move my own modem to downstairs moving the cable outside. Can I move the modem?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem move

If you have your Virgin Media hub set to modem mode then it is up to you where you position your own modem, and can arrange cabling as necessary.

If you want the VM hub to be repositioned then that will need an engineer visit with the associated £99 call out charge for a non fault visit.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Wayneaxe
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Confirms I have to waste best part of another hour waiting to arrange the move. Or can an appointment be booked online..?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Wayneaxe,

If you're looking to move the Hub or wanted to move the set top box provided by Virgin Media this would have to be done by one of our engineers to come to your property to perform this action. The cost of this service is a standard £99.00 call out fee

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wayneaxe,

I've responded to another thread you've created on this point but I'll repeat, we will need to perform this action for you at the price of £99.00 if the equipment and cabling has been supplied by Virgin Media, if this were your own equipment / cabling then you would be able to do with this as you wish.

If you haven't already booked in for this appointment - classed as a 'Special Request Order' I would be happy to take this to PM and book it in for you, once data protection has been passed.

Drop me a response below and I'll take it from there

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

same thread 🙂 might of been merged 🙂

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ah yes, I can see that on the website verson now apcyberax, thank you.

As we use a programme that allows us to collect posts from The VM Community, Facebook and Twitter, our interface is somewhat different to the website version that our posters use and the merge wasn't evident because of this

David 

0 Kudos
Wayneaxe
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I've booked it in. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Wayneaxe!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you, give us a nudge if you need any further support and we'll be sure to assist you where possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos