cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally confusing recycling policy and process for Superhub 2

fred52
Tuning in

I have received and installed my Superhub 5 which VM offered me.  There's a lovely box for retuning my old equipment but no label.  Virgin's advice is totally confusing.  Do I or do I not have to return my Superhub 2?  Why do Virgin Media make it so confusing?  I have asked for a return label and it seems Virgin will be sending me a box  - but in this process they never asked what kit i was returning.  So, am I wasting my and Virgin's time by returning it?  What a pantomime over such a simple issue if Virgin could be bothered to make a simple statement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Virgin Media only want the Hub 3, 4 and 5 back. Older Super Hubs don't need to be sent back.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would be surprised if VM wanted an obsolete piece of equipment back

I agree - but it doesn't explain Virgin's lack of a clear statement

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Any help here?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for raising your concern fred52,

Welcome back to the community!

May I ask have you been advised to return the equipment? 

If not then the link @jbrennand has placed will be able to locate where you can send the equipment for recycling.

Finally was it just the Hub that has swapped?

Thanks,

Kain

Just the hub.  It came with a genetic leaflet that gave a recycle web address.  That link said nothing about Superhub 2 - hence the confusion

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask and see if they still want them back or not... they do "oscillate" 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Virgin Media only want the Hub 3, 4 and 5 back. Older Super Hubs don't need to be sent back.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thank you - a nice straightforward answer! 🙂  

I wonder why the shipped Hub 5 - or veraioue messages from VM - didn't contain a nice simple statement like that!?