cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of service

Basher19
Joining in

Day 33 of my total loss of service no tv no broadband and no landline also still no one from vm has been in contact with me about getting the damaged fibre repaired. Daily texts saying someone will be out the following day but nobody ever shows up. Would I be able to cancel my contract with no exit fees because I had no service for almost five weeks i think you can cancel for slow broadband speeds so you can't have any slower speed than mine as I have absolutely zero 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Basher19,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, it was really lovely speaking with you - You've been a pleasure to help!

If you want an update on the current SNR issue, you can either check our status checker or feel free to ask us for an update here on the forums 🤗 

Have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes.... see section N6.5 of this... you qualify for no fee exit as its 0ver 30days with no service - I assume you have the "proof" of this?

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions#end

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Basher19,

Thanks for your post on the forums, I am truly sorry that your cable has been cut and you've not had services for that amount of time. 

This is not what we expect from our field engineers at all, I would be happy to help get you up and running again. 

Or, as you and @jbrennand mentioned, you may be eligible to disconnect without EDF's if this has been ongoing for more than 30 days and we have not yet fixed it. You may also be eligible for the total loss of service compensation scheme which I can get reviewed for you within a PM.

I will send over a PM now so we can get this looked into further. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Basher19
Joining in

Day 38 of no tv no broadband and no landline and still no word on when it's getting resolved from virgin media. I did get notification of my next bill for the period 27 January to 27 February and I can't believe their actually charging me for having no services, you couldn't make this up how hard is it for an area manager to come see me and explain why this is taking so long heading for six weeks without any services.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Basher19,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, it was really lovely speaking with you - You've been a pleasure to help!

If you want an update on the current SNR issue, you can either check our status checker or feel free to ask us for an update here on the forums 🤗 

Have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks,

Megan_L