Menu
Highlighted
davbar1966
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

To 3 or not to 3

I've read a few posts on this subject so I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I'll ask anyway.  I've got the Superhub 2 and was thinking about switching to the 3.  Is it worth it, or does it suffer from the same ridiculous latency issues as the 2?  I've tried it in modem mode with a different router (Archer c59 I think) but that brought it's own issues.  I know there are better routers out there but money's tight just now.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: To 3 or not to 3

Why do you want to switch to the Hub3?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
davbar1966
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
Why do you want to switch to the Hub3?

Because I've had it for a long time and in spite of what I've read there's a little voice in my head saying go on, give it a try, it can't be any worse.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Are you connecting your devices primarily by wifi or ethernet cable ? I have had the SH2 for many years in modem mode with my own wireless router and never have had any "latency" or any other connection issues.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
davbar1966
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Both. Initially I was using mainly wifi but as it's at the back of the house (my office) the wifi was really poor around the rest of the house. I was repeatedly told that wifi wasnt guaranteed and there was nothing wrong with the hub. So I next invested in some tp link wifi extenders but that was also prone to issues, especially when my step son was gaming. Next step was to get the Archer, put it in the living room to improve the wifi round the house and use the extender to run my work pc. But that hasn't been perfect either, repeatedly having to reset the extender and the wifi signal wasn't strong enough for work or if I was streaming on the pc, frequent buffering .

So, I've gone back to the hub with the extender in the living room now which has improved my work connection (Ethernet) but there are still issues in the living room with streaming and casting over wifi.

And now my arm hurts from typing!

0 Kudos
davbar1966
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to mention I can't just disconnect it and move it to the living room as there's an attenuator on the cable and I don't want to cut it off and have to reconnect myself.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The only real reason to switch is if you are going to a 350 service. Best to wait otherwise. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Will VM insist on replacing our hub 2s when they go over to VOIP, or can we carry on with our own routers?

0 Kudos
davbar1966
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but what's a 350 service?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@davbar1966 wrote:

Sorry, but what's a 350 service?

The one on the right - needs a Hub3.

Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 17.35.25.png

--------------------
0 Kudos