Menu
sbarber_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo to Tivo via Netgear AV500 Powerline

Right here goes.  I have two Tivo boxes, let's call them Lounge and Bedroom.  I also have a VM Superhub 3.

The superhub is plugged directly into an AV500, each TiVo is also plugged into an AV500.  I can see each TiVo on my network and also access them via https://192.160.0.10 (Lounge) and https://192.168.0.11 (Bedroom) respectively.  When using the Netgear Powerline Utility I can also verify that all is working okay. Each box is recoding and streaming content okay.

So herein lies the problem; TiVo to TiVo is not working, watching a programme recorded on the Lounge TiVo on the Bedroom TiVo.

The boxes show up with an exclamation mark and the error code C423 and I can't play content between them.

If I disconnect the Bedroom TiVo from the powerline and run a 30m cable from the superhub directly to the Bedroom TiVo everything works as I would expect and I can stream content between the two TiVo boxes.

Clearly it is an issue with multiple AV500 Powerline adapters but I'm struggling to work out what ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo to Tivo via Netgear AV500 Powerline

Hi sbarber_uk,

thank you for reaching out to us in our community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your power-line adaptors and streaming between your 2 Tivo boxes.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Were the power-line adaptors supplied by us?

Have you tried resetting the power lines?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean Tivo or V6's ? Oh, and its a Hub3 - no way is it "Super" ! :-)

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sbarber_uk
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I mean TiVo and yes I know it’s not Super but it serves a purpose.

0 Kudos
sbarber_uk
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi sbarber_uk,

thank you for reaching out to us in our community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your power-line adaptors and streaming between your 2 Tivo boxes.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Yes

Were the power-line adaptors supplied by us?

No

Have you tried resetting the power lines?

Yes

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You need good LAN connections for the TiVos to communicate, so it's always a good idea to connect at least one TiVo to the hub by Ethernet cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Roger - I though Tivo's had no wifi capability and always had to be connected by ethernet to the Hub?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Correct, but the OP has connections via Powerline which is clearly causing a problem.

--
sbarber_uk
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Rodger define “good lan”, the power line configuration utility tells me I have 220 mbps with 10ms latency between all three adapters.

I can test the connections using my mobile over the WiFi using fing and I get good connections there too.

There are no problem with other devices connecting to each TiVo directly via Cable or WiFi it’s just The TiVos having a problem seeing each other 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You have already proved that a direct connection to the hub works but connecting via powerlines does not. Electrical wires are not designed to carry broadband.

--
0 Kudos