Time limits on broadband

Jasonsusanmay
Joining in

How do I set time limits on my broadband between 11pm till 9am please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fictionboy
Joining in

Good evening. You need to login to your router using 192.168.0.1 (the address and login password is in the little tag or on the sticker under your router). Then go to Advanced settings> Security > MAC Settings select the device or devices you want to limit by adding them to the MAC filter list and then at the bottom select the times you want to restrict the internet.

virgin1.png

Hope this helps.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

fictionboy
Joining in

Good evening. You need to login to your router using 192.168.0.1 (the address and login password is in the little tag or on the sticker under your router). Then go to Advanced settings> Security > MAC Settings select the device or devices you want to limit by adding them to the MAC filter list and then at the bottom select the times you want to restrict the internet.

virgin1.png

Hope this helps.

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jasonsusanmay Let us know if the MAC filtering works for you, but last time I checked it was broken on the Hub 3 and didn't work.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

After spending many hours this morning trying to do the same thing, i've got all my devices filtered at the correct times now, however the setting on the superhub are well out of sync. 

The AM / PM hours are inverse and the settings are one day out of sync. 

I've got it working perfectly now and have left a diagram in case anyone needs help doing the same in the future. 

Virginmedia get your act together, this is ametuer hour and was frustrating as hell to figure out...... 

Fixed schedule.... for now :-/Fixed schedule.... for now 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spilli wrote:

After spending many hours this morning trying to do the same thing, i've got all my devices filtered at the correct times now, however the setting on the superhub are well out of sync. 

The AM / PM hours are inverse and the settings are one day out of sync. 

I've got it working perfectly now and have left a diagram in case anyone needs help doing the same in the future. 

Virginmedia get your act together, this is ametuer hour and was frustrating as hell to figure out...... 

Fixed schedule.... for now :-/Fixed schedule.... for now 😕

Just out of interest when you log into your HUB and check the 'Network status' option does the correct date/time show against the login attempt?

Carl, is there a Time Zone setting that is wrong in the general settings ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Just had a quick look and no, those are all out of whack too. Guessing this is what was causing my particular issue then. 

At least my workaround is doing what it needs for now, but after seeing this i suspect at some point it's all going to get out of sync again. 

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MikeRobbo wrote:

Carl, is there a Time Zone setting that is wrong in the general settings ?

There isn't an option to change the time / time zone.

I believe the HUB cannot acquire the correct time for some reason.