cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for upgrade to kick in?

MDX1
Joining in

Hi,

I recently upgrade from M100 to M500 broadband. The contract officially started on 1st of December but my speed hasn't changed, does anyone know how long it usually takes?

I've tried rebooting my router(it's in modem mode) but that didn't help. It's a superhub 3 although I was told I would be getting a superhub 4 that hasn't arrived yet, if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call in and find out why the upgrade hasn't been applied.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No a Hub3 is good for 500.

Log into the Hub settings and navigate to the Configuration data/file/page and look what numbers are in the "Max data Transfer Rate" boxes for Downstream and upstream channels.

These are in bps so lots of digits(!) but a 500 package the down box starts with a 5 and the 100 package starts with a 1

If it is configured for 500 - post back and we can explore other reasons you may only be getting ~100

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for replying.

The Max Downstream Traffic Rate is: 117000047

The Max Upstream traffic rate is: 10500047

hub 3 works fine for m500

DOWN - Max Traffic Rate 575000000
UP - Max Traffic Rate 38520000

Your area might not have been upgraded yet or they have not sent the signal to your hub for the upgraded speed.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Gig1 | Hub 5 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U | Asus RT-AC86U

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call in and find out why the upgrade hasn't been applied.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @MDX1,

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that your upgrade has not been completed.

I was unable to locate an account for you using your forums detail, did you manage to call our sales team regarding the upgrade?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide