Menu
AndyJUK
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tier 1? More like tier none!

Virgin media is supposed to be a tier one provider, yet it would appear that there is a single point of failure that has taken down both TV and Broadband services in my area. One component on a blade has wiped us out and it will take TWO DAYS to fix. (Despite the whole point of blade infrastructure being about REDUNDANCY and FAIL OVER)

is this REALLY the level of service that we can now expect from Virgin?

with the price hikes, you should really be able to keep spares of the “really expensive component” around. 

0 Kudos
carnivalist
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tier 1? More like tier none!

@AndyJUK wrote:

Virgin media is supposed to be a tier one provider, yet it would appear that there is a single point of failure that has taken down both TV and Broadband services in my area. One component on a blade has wiped us out and it will take TWO DAYS to fix. (Despite the whole point of blade infrastructure being about REDUNDANCY and FAIL OVER)

is this REALLY the level of service that we can now expect from Virgin?

The answer would appear to be "yes".

I've had no end of area faults for months here in Central London, my mother has experienced problems - albeit of a less chronic nature - in the wilds of Devon and if this messageboard is anything to go by there are similar issues all over the shop.

You would hope that at the very least Virgin would copy a certain well-known competitor and offer wireless MiFi devices (had it not been for my superb Three MIFi I wouldn't be able to write this post). I won't hold my breath.

0 Kudos
chenks
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@AndyJUK wrote:

Virgin media is supposed to be a tier one provider

is it? says who?
i've never heard that term used before for any ISP.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virginmedia would be considered a tier 2, Virgin Media AS 5089 Buys transit from GTT/AS3257, Liberty Global/AS6830
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos