cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket Master Seat maps not appear on virgin wifi

sowilliams
On our wavelength

Hi there

When trying to access Ticketmaster and Live nation websites to buy tickets, we get the message 'unfortunately, we couldnt load the interactive seat map'

sowilliams_0-1630146025144.png

This is on laptops, desktop and mobile devices.  If I switch off the wifi on the mobile phone, the seat map loads fine.   If I take my laptop into work it works fine.  So I think the only common point is the virgin hub (Desktop works on a wired connection).

Is it possible that Virgin are stopping this at the hub or in their circuits into the house?  Has anyone else had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could this possibly be connected to VM websafe settings?

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

According to ticketmaster.com/s/article/Why-isn-t-my-interactive-seat-map-working 

"Why isn't my interactive seat map working?

To avoid errors such as "Sorry, the map's acting up" do not open multiple browsers or tabs when purchasing tickets. We suggest you close all tabs and browsers before trying to search or purchase tickets again."
Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yep, read that,  done that, and with starting it from fresh, and one window it still doesnt work.

On my phone,  it doesnt work until I switch Wifi off, and then go to mobile data, refresh the screen when it does work. Switch Wifi on on the phone, refresh the screen and it can not return the details

Hi sowilliams, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with this. 

I've tried to replicate the issue here and not having an y issues loading the map. I've checked in with the Mods team and they've also advised there are no issues. 

Can you please try deleting the cache and cookies for the browser. Try another browser as well on the same device to see if this brings up a different result. 

Can you also reboot the Hub. 

Pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

sowilliams
On our wavelength

did all that - used MS Edge, removed cookies and browsing history, and it still didnt work

Have reset the hub yesterday, so that isnt involved.

Tried with my phone - on wifi cant show seat map, switch off wifi you get a seat map,  switched wifi back on and refreshed - no seat map!

in fact switched wifi on, and refreshed, and the first two rows of tickets had a map on it, the rest didnt, but I think this is because the first two where grabbed on mobile data.

I have not noticed any issue except on ticketmaster and another ticketing sight

Thanks for replying and an update, sowilliams.

Are you able to access everywhere else on these sites? Can you confirm if you are using a VPN or firewall/antivirus for your internet?

Cheers,

Corey C

when at work with my laptop,  or on the company VPN with my laptop at home, I can see these seat maps.  If I am not going through the VPN on my work laptop at home, I can not see it

I am using BitDefender for anti virus  on the home computers, but not on the mobile devices.  None of these can see the seat maps on wifi.  If I switch off wifi, and switch on mobile data on my phone  I can see the seat maps.

If seems that anything going through the Virgin wifi seems to have an issue, but if you can go through other peoples connections (VPN/mobile data) it is fine.

The link is https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/sheffield-steelers-v-nottingham-panthers-sheffield-19-09-2021/event/3... 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could this possibly be connected to VM websafe settings?

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Checked that, didnt see anything obvious, just have standard childsafe settings 

However,  when I took childsafe off, and all of a sudden it seemed to work.  I cant see why this would be?

I put child safe back on, and it still works.....which is even more curious.

I am going to experiment with other devices this evening to see if that is the issue.  Thanks for the suggestion

Interestingly, having restarted the computer it is now not working again.  So there is something about that which is tickling the Child safe settings. Going to try to see if I can be selective on the settings to find it