cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three laptops won't connect to wifi (phones do, connection fine with ethernet)

mail2pete
Joining in

I've tried various steps including resets and the three laptops we have in the house just won't connect to the Hub wifi. We have a Hub 5 since about three months ago.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Did everything connect ok on the old Hub? What model was that?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @mail2pete

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you back with us. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing these issues with your laptops! 

Can I ask what happens when you try to connect the laptops? Do you get an error message at all? 

Thank you again. 

No errors. They all say connected but no pages will load. 

Was Hub 3. Can’t recall any problems other than occasional low signal but not this persistent no connection at all. 

Hello mail2pete

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry to hear this isn't sorted. It could be due to old network drivers;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-wi-fi-connection-issues-in-windows-9424a1f7-6a3b-65a...

Try that thread as it should help and keep us posted how you get on

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill