cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Hub 5

mukesogel
Joining in

I had one of these delivered today. It works, and that is about the best I can say about it.

Installation was smooth. I swapped the old Hub 3 out, plugged everything back in, turned it on, and the internet came up within 10 minutes.

Performance is as expected on a wired connection; it just works. Wi-Fi is different. I separated the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks by giving them their own SSIDs. 2.4GHz was set to 20/40MHz channels and 11n/ax-only. 5GHz was set to 20/40/80/160MHz channels, and set to ac/ax-only. On three laptops I tested with, 5GHz works great, and performs as you would expect. With Android devices though, Wi-Fi performance is utterly terrible, verging on unusable. On 5GHz, three different Nexus 5X phones and a Galaxy Tab A were unusable. Speedtest.net reported a download speed of 0.06Mbps if it even started. On 2.4GHz, throughput on these Android devices was better, but still inconsistent. The laptops were all able to reach around 215Mbps in comparison.

There are even bugs in the configuration pages. Visiting 192.168.0.1, then going to check router status, then trying to view network logs results in a HTTP 500 error and an additional JavaScript error message. All the other sections are slow to respond, but do display some information.

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post the error messages so they can be forwarded to the developers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mukesogel, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the Hub 5's WiFi performance. Have you been able to test how things are with the default settings and Intelligent WiFi enabled, rather than splitting the bands as you would do with the Hub 3?

If you can get back to us with the errors as requested above as well that would be great.

Tom 

I have the same problem with the HTTP Error 500. Here is the error message.

HTTP Error 500 “Internal Server Error”

Internal server error: CosaError: CcspBaseIf_getParameterValues() failed Stack: CosaError: CcspBaseIf_getParameterValues() failed (errorCode=191) at [anon] (/usr/src/debug/ccsp-jse/8888+gitAUTOINC+71cde0c8c5-r0/git/source/jse_cosa_error.c:118) internal at [anon] () native strict preventsyield at getStrsWithRootObjectAsObject (/www/jse/framework/utilities.js:52) at WifiInterface (/www/jse/library/hostscommon.js:414) construct at [anon] (/www/jse/library/hostscommon.js:315) at [anon] (/www/jse/library/hostscommon.js:296) at Host (/www/jse/library/hostscommon.js:101) construct at [anon] (/www/jse/library/hostscommon.js:88) preventsyield at map () native strict preventsyield at Hosts (/www/jse/library/hostscommon.js:89) construct at getHosts (/www/jse/rest/v1/network/hosts.js:71) [...] (0)

Hope this helps.