cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This site can't be reached

Rician
Tuning in

I've had to change my laptop last week but for some reason though its connected to the WiFi, I'm not accessing any sites at all as though I'm not connected.

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone.I got the problem resolved. Needed to go into Device Manager and uninstall a Realtek driver. 

It's working perfectly now.

Cheers all.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does it do the same if you connect via cable for testing ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Adduxi.  I haven't been able to try with an Ethernet cable as yet, I seem to have misplaced it so need to buy another but the only way I can connect at the moment is tethering to my phone via cable. Funny enough I was by family yesterday and managed to connect to their WiFi with ease.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rician

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we can certainly help with this. 

Have you been able to get an ethernet cable yet? If so have you tried using it and does this improve anything at all? 

Is it just your laptop that struggles to load up websites or any other device? 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

sophist
Trouble shooter

check that the dns settings (in the wireless network properties) haven't been manually configured - if they are manually configured, change it to automatic.. 

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for the welcome.

It's an HP probook so doesn't allow for ethernet cables unfortunately.  Just the laptop, all other devices work well

Hi sophist. I've checked and it's already set to auto.

Thanks for the guidance though.

Hi Rician,

Thanks for coming back and for the updates, have you had a look on the manufacturers forums to see if anyone else has the same issue?

I have had a quick Google and see thee are a few discussions around the same issue, I advise having a look there as everything else works OK it has to be a device issue other than your connection.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul. I'll have another look and hopefully find a fix.

Thanks everyone.I got the problem resolved. Needed to go into Device Manager and uninstall a Realtek driver. 

It's working perfectly now.

Cheers all.