Menu
Phenj
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This service is disgusting

I’ve never been more disgusted with a business personally before.

The way I was just spoken to on the phone by members of customer service is vile.

I have been having problems with my broadband since June. Every week the service goes offline for 8-10 hours. Each time I ring them they read me the same script about upgrades being performed in the area. No upgrades are being performed your service is just unreliable.

I was just told by your customer service department for cancelling that they would “rather see me go than give me a broadband upgrade for free, sorry Sir”. What sort of customer service is this? 

All I want is some sort of goodwill gesture for the days of service that I have lost regarding the broadband and TV. 

This is the way in which customers of 15 years are treated?

What a vile company Virgin Media has become.

2:30 hours I was on the phone this morning, spent around 1:30 on hold listening to music.

They said that I should ring back after 4 to cancel the service aswell as the problem should be fixed by then. 

What a joke.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: This service is disgusting

Notwithstanding the bad CS offshore help you have experienced - how do you know no upgrades are being performed ?

To check your service status at your postcode (NOT area!) call the Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info - If nothing shows there call it in again and see what they say and if possible get a fault reference number so you can track it with the VM staff on here.

The compensation policy is at...
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

You should also set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your BB connection and record any dropouts and periods of cut off. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections on each day. This is useful data to have in future discussions with VM - although it doesnt monitor the TV connection.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Phenj
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was told on the phone that no upgrades are being performed and that there is a fault in the area by someone who was British so I’m guessing a call centre in the UK?

Also no faults show in my area regarding these issues.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK
NB - an "Area" in VMspeak is not "geographic" - for example I am in South Manchester in Area 20 - as also are people in Surrey, Sussex & London ! It is just a legacy of their old billing processes. The upshot is that a more "local" issue such as an individual street cab problem, or a cut cable, etc, does not affect 1000's of customers across an area - hence why the service status phone number I posted is often more helpful. If nothing is reported on there, then your issue is likely to be a "personal" one to you or restricted to just a handful of customers who haven't called in to report it yet - hence it hasn't crossed the known fault threshold.

Whilst not doubting there is a fault in the "area" (despite the CS reps being known to just say that to get you off the line!)... if there is, it should have a fault reference number - get it - and ask on here about it.

Meanwhile, set up the BQM as I suggested to provide the proof and data - for your own peace of mind - that something technical is actually wrong on the network connection.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Phenj
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It just goes to show how the representatives are just reading a script about upgrades and such. My neighbours on the street have the same problems as me on a weekly basis. They just won’t allocate anyone to fix it properly because it’s not affecting more customers.

I will setup that broadband monitor though for proof and I will try to get the fault code.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Phenj
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The fault code is F007302161

0 Kudos