cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The connection for this site is not secure. Error

GASKIM
Tuning in

Web site https://www.jamtec.co.uk  is no longer accessible via any of my devices connecting to my home VM Router.  I can connect through my mobile phone network and I can connect through a work laptop through my company's VPN.

This site has been accessible in the past but is no longer accessible with an error "The connection for this site is not secure" suggesting that there is a certificate problem (which I believe to be a red-herring) as other people outside of my home can access the site without issue.

I have rebooted the router several times.  I have accessed the settings of the router.  I have switched off-on-off the web safe settings.  I have added the address to the "accepted" list of web addresses on the router.  I have submitted the web address to VM themselves to add to the "accepted" list of addresses.

This web address is important to me as it also supports me email associated with this company and I am unable to send/receive emails from this JAMTEC service.  I can still send/receive my hotmail email without issue.  I can also access other websites without issue.

The VM services stopped last night and then came back again - coincidence, I don't know.

Any advice appreciated - thanks

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If you try the hub in modem mode and it works time to get a router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @GASKIM,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent post! I'm very sorry to hear of the issue you're currently experiencing when accessing this particular link.

Thanks for confirming all the diagnostics you have carried out too, to no avail.

I have reached out to our Internet Security team for you for further advice and to hopefully have this unblocked. I'll let you know as soon as I have further information.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @GASKIM,

Hope you're well. I've had a response from our IT Team to say that this link should be accessible -  it is not blocked by either ChildSafe or VirusSafe and is accessible through our filters.

Are you able to confirm whether you can access the site?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly - the site is now accessible - thank you.  Please can your IT team explain why this site was not accessible - what was the route cause of the problem?  with thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @GASKIM,

This looks to have been a temporary fault. The IT Team have not changed anything but just confirmed that it should be working and to now double check.

They responded a few days after my enquiry to them so by that time they replicated it, this was already working and there did not appear to be anything blocking.

If the issue does return, do let us know.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team