cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Wifi does not appear to be connected to the internet

trevorecock
Joining in

Hi All,

For close on 3 years, we have been getting the message "The Wifi does not appear to be connected to the internet" on our phones, albeit intermittently. I have been onto VM numerous times and all they keep saying is there's no fault. In saying that, they have changed the router twice at this stage but to no avail. 

On top of this, the actual internet speeds we should be getting, 500mb, is nowhere near what we are actually getting, closer to 50mb, and this is with the whole house networked and any devices we can connect with LAN, we have.

My thoughts on it is that the signal must be dropping coming into the house as it's not that I am losing the connection, its just that the connection has no internet available on it.

Resetting hub, etc, all done, replaced it twice as I said, no joy and as for internet speeds, the chances of me getting anywhere near 500mb is slim to none.

Before I change provider, any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks 👍

2 REPLIES 2

sophist
Trouble shooter

can you set up a BQM - once set up, find the Live Graph and click "Create Sharing Link" - post that back here.

Next, browse to your hub on  http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

Thanks a mill for that.

Will look into it when I get home.

Much appreciated.