Menu
nevwg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin Media App says my hub is not connected to the internet

I'm trying to link the app to my Superhub. The app asks for the Settings password, which I enter, and then a red progress bar appears. (If I enter an incorrect Settings password, the app recognises that it is incorrect.) After the bar has progressed a quarter of the way, a message appears saying there is trouble setting up because the "Hub doesn't seem to be connected to the internet." But it is. My current speed is 110 Mbps.

I'm on the correct network; the app tells my I'm connected to secure WiFi and shows the correct network name. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Virgin Media App says my hub is not connected to the internet

Hi Nevwg.

Welcome to our community. Apologies you are having issues trying to connect the Virgin Media App. Have you been able to connect it with no issues previously?

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the App and rebooting the hub to see if this lets you connect?

Keep us posted once you have tried the above.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
nevwg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No good. Uninstall, reinstall, reboot: it still tells me my Hub is not connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
nevwg
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry - I missed the first question: no, I've not tried to connect before.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey nevwg,

Please could you try and clear the cache of your connect app and try logging into the app again.

If this doesn't work, please can you try giving your hub a reboot, if you haven't already done so and see if this helps refresh the connection to the connect app.

If this also doesn't work, you could always try the help tab on the connect app, you can send a message to the connect app team, who will be able to look into the problem further for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
nevwg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

I un- and then re-installed the app. How do I clear the app cache?

I've already rebooted the Hub. When I look at the app settings<about, it says Hub 3. So it knows the Hub is there, but doesn't think the Hub is connected to the internet. But it is.

I'll try the app help,

cheers,

Neville

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What device are you using Android or IOS?

To clear the cache of an app in Android.

Please go to your Settings > Apps > Click on the Connect app > Storage > Clear cache

If you're using an Apple device, deleting the app is the easiest way to achieve this, which you have already done.  

Please let us know how it goes with the Connect app team, if you contact them to get this resolved.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
nevwg
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Will do,

N

0 Kudos
nevwg
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hopeless. It took 50 minutes, including tediously filling in forms with my info, then all they could suggest was rebooting the Hub (which I'd already done). Predictably, that didn't work. They then suggested a factory reset. I declined. If their app won't work with a changed settings password, then the app isn't worth using.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi nevwg, 

We are very sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue and we would like to help you further with this via a private message. We will follow up right away.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos