Menu
Jagon1978
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Terrible service, avoid

If you have any sense avoid virgin. They may spend a lot on marketing but if you want a good product and service go elsewhere- talk talk is a great option.

I pay £27 a month for broadband and for 6 months the service has been good but recently, mainly at the weekend, I have not been able to connect to the internet and as compensation Virgin have offered £2.77 which doesn’t cover the cost of sourcing an alternative. Took three days for an engineer to come out and apparently the reason behind the fault was because a new tennant had moved into my building resulting in another grp of engineers disconnecting my service.

two days later my internet is down again. I’ve cancelled my Direct debit as a result which I’d advise others to do if you’re experiencing problems. Once you stop paying inept companies like Virgin listen. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Terrible service, avoid

Cancelling your direct debit without cancelling your contract equates to knowingly failing to pay your bills with all the eventual consequences that leads to.

0 Kudos
Jagon1978
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That’s absolutely right, thanks for confirming. Every action has a consequence, Virgin media essentially broke their agreement with me, despite the fact I’ve paid on time, without issue, each month of my contract. Thus, I decided to stop paying because I’m certain it’ll result in a quick resolution - companies like Virgin only care about money, not the customer 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Jagon1978 wrote:

That’s absolutely right, thanks for confirming. Every action has a consequence, Virgin media essentially broke their agreement with me, despite the fact I’ve paid on time, without issue, each month of my contract. Thus, I decided to stop paying because I’m certain it’ll result in a quick resolution - companies like Virgin only care about money, not the customer 

yesss...

All you need to do is phone in and cancel. Stopping the DD only makes problems for you, not them. Worst advice ever. and TALK TALK? you've a short memory, 2 major data breaches, I wouldn't trust em with my data until the devil skates to work.

Youre not very good at this whole advice thing are you?

0 Kudos
Kam67
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’d love to cancel too (mainly due to their appalling overseas call centre staff), but the BT fibre in my area (which I also have installed) gets 70mb download speeds. Nowhere near the 200mb I get from Virgin ☹️. So as far as I am aware no competition at those speeds.

Jagon1978
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Of course notify them, otherwise you incur charges.  The important thing is take action, don't accept the ineptitude of Virgin.  Apologies for my bad advice, what would you advise?  Sit tight, make your complaints and accept?  Plus, definitely don't change provider, Virgin might be bad but the others are worse; is that what you're saying?  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Jagon1978 wrote:

Of course notify them, otherwise you incur charges.  The important thing is take action, don't accept the ineptitude of Virgin.  Apologies for my bad advice, what would you advise?  Sit tight, make your complaints and accept?  Plus, definitely don't change provider, Virgin might be bad but the others are worse; is that what you're saying?  

Where did I say that? Read my posts. Im quick to reccomend a change where its a good idea. BT and SKY are the two preferred options according to people I know who are happy with their broadband, and people who leave and come back and tell us how they are getting on. I wouldn't recommend Talk Talk to my worst enemy. Bottom of customer satisfaction rating, slammed a gazillion LLU users into a random company they made up on the spot and 2 major data breaches.

If they are available to you Hyperoptic is the obvious choice and A&A get a good name, but neither have much of a footprint.

0 Kudos
Jagon1978
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just for an update, I cancelled, was charged £10 but got that refunded and eventually paid the outstanding balance.

however, I escalated my complaint to the industry watchdog and Virgin settled so all good.

obviously I’m still leaving because they’re an awful company to do business with

0 Kudos