Menu
lazygti
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Terrible router and worse customer service

I have had Virgin Media for over 18 months now. For the first 14 months I could get a WiFi signal throughout my house - no issues with the signal at all. However, after an 'update' we are unable to receive a WiFi signal anywhere in the house other than the living room. Not in kitchen, or any bedrooms or bathroom. I've called multiple times on this issue and it's never been fixed. I called this evening as I am totally fed up with this poor service - my daughter lost the signal on her ipad walking from the living room into the kitchen which is only about 15-20 feet! It's not like we stay in a mansion! 

I called 'customer service' once again and was ultimately told by a guy called 'Sunny' that I needed to pay £3 extra per month for a signal booster!!

Why do I need to spend £61 per month for a service only to be held to ransom for another £3 to make it work?? 

I am now going to look into my legal position with regards to cancelling my contract due to not receiving a product/service which is fit for purpose. 

This guy Sunny would not accept that for 14 months my service worked absolutely fine. It also worked fine upstairs when I had Talktalk, Sky and BT! 

Why do Virgin not care about existing customers.

Shame on them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible router and worse customer service

What was the "update" ?  What Hub are you using?  Have you segregated the wifi band names? 

Also post your power levels and network logs for comment.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible router and worse customer service

@lazygti wrote:

I have had Virgin Media for over 18 months now. For the first 14 months I could get a WiFi signal throughout my house - no issues with the signal at all. However, after an 'update' I called 'customer service' once again and was ultimately told by a guy called 'Sunny' that I needed to pay £3 extra per month for a signal booster!!

Why do I need to spend £61 per month for a service only to be held to ransom for another £3 to make it work?? 

Forget £3 "signal boosters from VM.    VM & no other BB provider, guarantees a wifi connection.  It is subject to so many vagaries outwith their control - house construction, blocking objects, interfering appliances & cables, interfering neighbours' networks, Apple iOS updates etc.  See the pink sticky post at the top of the forum for improving wifi signal. The contract say that connections are guaranteed by ethernet cable.  Have you tested the connection via Cat6 ethernet cable - if so what is that like ?  If not please do so and report back.

There are a number of things to try and to do to improve your wifi signal and people on here will try and help you, but we do need more information especially the ethernet data.  Also, what model Hub do you have? What VM BB package do you have? What devices are you connecting?  And especially, what exactly was the update" you received ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.