Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible intermittent connection on all devices

Hi Thearchitect93, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, i am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and I can see your downstream power levels are a little on the low side. Which can cause connection issues.

I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Thearchitect93
Tuning in
Message 12 of 34
Flag for a moderator

My internet connection is still equal to that of a third world country. Any help would be appreciated. I'm spending nearly 50 quid a month for a service which isn't being provided.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hello Thearchitect93

I am sorry you are still having problems, there are no area issues, network historical data looking very good however as Emma mentioned the levels received at the hub are very low

-11.9 dBmV        -12 dBmV        -12 dBmV        -12.2 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV        -12.7 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV        -12.7 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV        -12.4 dBmV        -12 dBmV        -11.7 dBmV        -11.5 dBmV        -11.4 dBmV        -11.4 dBmV        -11.2 dBmV        -11.5 dBmV        -12.5 dBmV

A quarter of the minimum specified power level No one can say for certain that this is the cause of your problems but it is a very good candidate and as such we would recommend another engineer visit, I do acknowledge and appreciate the frustration of repeated engineer visits however only an engineer is able to put these right. Please reply to my message if you would like us to arrange one.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Thearchitect93
Tuning in
Message 14 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I just don’t understand how I can be left with such poor quality internet and service after 6 different engineers have visited my property and changed my hub 4 times in total. I have an engineer coming to my property again however I am more than aware that they will tell me everything is working fine only for my connection to drop out 5 seconds after they leave.

I’m just shocked at the poor level of responsibility anyone is taking. Between the engineers, the helpline and the online forums, everyone blames the other and it’s a big circle of crap that leaves me with nothing but frustration and an inability to work effectively, as my main income is provided online.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hello Thearchitect93

Hub levels looking much better since the engineer visit, modem reporting online for the last 1.5 days with no errors. The engineer said they changed line to a high tap (more power) and replaced a splitter, fingers crossed it has done the trick however apologies it took so long to reach this point.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Thearchitect93
Tuning in
Message 16 of 34
Flag for a moderator

There has been NO CHANGE in my connection status and STILL am getting large connection drops several times a day for hours at a time. Nothing has been sorted by Engineer number 8, shall we dispatch Engineer number 9?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hello Thearchitect93, 

Thanks for keeping us updated Smiley Happy

I've checked your network this evening and I can't find any faults. Have you noticed an improvement since your last post?

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Thearchitect93
Tuning in
Message 18 of 34
Flag for a moderator

As I have said for the last few months now, there has been no change in my **bleep**ty virgin internet connection.

I STILL get MANY drops in connection on ALL devices on a DAILY basis.

NOTHING has changed in months.

Nothing has changed after almost 10 engineers have tried fix the issue.

Nothing has changed after I have rang the technical support helpline well over 40 times.

Nothing has changed after I have spent the last few months on these forums waiting weeks for a response only to be asked "has anything changed thanks bye".

Fix my connection issues or admit you can't.

0 Kudos
nad223
Dialled in
Message 19 of 34
Flag for a moderator

im having this problem too and all virgin media cs team do is send engineer after engineer and nothing gets done......... all the engineer does is go the cabinet check the wires and says everything is fine...... absolutely not fine same intermittent problem occurring since ages

0 Kudos
Thearchitect93
Tuning in
Message 20 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I came on here today to see if anyone had bothered to reply to me (no one has) and whilst trying to access these forums, my internet cut out. It then proceeded to cut out 5 more times within the hour, making any chance of an internet connection impossible. For the love of god, do something to fix this rather than make excuses or fob me off to another person or just hope this problem magically fixes itself.

I really can't believe the state of service in supposedly one of the best service providers in the world. What are you guys thinking? That if I'm ignored maybe I'll go away? I promise I'll be right here complaining through any and every means until this problem is fixed and I receive a proper internet connection that somewhat resembles the package you sold me almost 2 years ago, and which I have been paying almost 50 quid for every bloody month.

If you sold me a dog instead of internet I would have shot him by now, for the terrible sickly state he would be in. 

0 Kudos