Menu
Thearchitect93
Tuning in
Message 31 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible intermittent connection on all devices

It's been 2 years of horrible connection issues. My hub loses all connection between 5 and 15 times a day for between 5 minutes and 5 hours. I've spoken to technical support over 50 times. I've had 13 or 14 engineers to my property. I've had 4 separate new routers installed. I've had my cabinet worked on and a full re-pull has been carried out. Still my router is losing connection. The last 3 people I've spoken to have said things like "what do you want me to do?" very rudely and also told me that the services are all working 100%. What can I do? Is there any solution where someone takes responsibility or doesn't talk to me like I'm lying? I've handed over 1000 pounds to virgin and so far they haven't earned a penny. If this was the other way around I'd be arrested for theft or fraud.

I won't be ignored or go away.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 32 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thearchitect93,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and I can see some intermittent FECS (noise on the line) which is not currently breaking any thresholds. I can also see an issue with T3 timeouts.. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you.

I will pop you a Pm to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Thearchitect93
Tuning in
Message 33 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media are still completely useless in resolving this issue and have no idea or explanation why I have had little to no connection for many years. They also are refusing to refund me my money. This is a scam.

If I didn't pay you, you'd be quick to sort out that issue, right?

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 34 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thearchitect93, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch, I was beginning to worry you were not receiving my messages, the last of which was sent on Wednesday morning.

I will take a look at the PM you have sent across to me and take another look at the connection. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 35 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thearchitect93, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear the drop outs have continued. Are you finding the disconnections are happening more on a wired or a wireless connection since the engineer visit or is it about the same on both? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 36 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thearchitect93, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I have taken a look and can see some intermittent FECS but they don't currently break any thresholds. We could speak to the Area Field manager again and get another engineer out to try and get them curtailed as I can see there may be times when there is more noise on the line than others. 

As for the £150 you did not advise as to whether you agreed to that sum or not so I have not yet been able to apply it.

Let me know what you would like to do. 

Just as an additional I will be out of office for a little while so I have asked my manager to keep an eye on this complaint.

Keep me posted. 

Emma 

0 Kudos
Thearchitect93
Tuning in
Message 37 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I don’t think another engineer would be able to help. As 150 is the highest compensation I can be offered I’ll accept it.

0 Kudos
Voltrevex
Tuning in
Message 38 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been in your shoes for the last six months. Had 8 engineers over, WiFi still keeps dropping. Doesn’t your Network Log have “SYNC timing failure”, “Lost MDD Time-out”, “RCS Partial Service”... mine is full of T3 timeouts and has millions if not billions of Post RS and Pre RS errors. 

And, for me too, Virgin Media have been completely crap with their service and have been rude constantly. Engineer number eight came just today and being ad pathetic as all of them are he replaced a few things here and there but the error (unsurprisingly) remained. He’s promised to fix the wire connecting the cabinet to my modem on 2nd January, a promise I honestly feel he cannot fulfil. 

As bad as it gets, it makes me strangely feel better that other people are having the same issue. If you ever come across a fix or if one of those sh*tty engineers does then please tell me what they did.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Voltrevex
Tuning in
Message 39 of 40
Flag for a moderator

And I must say I had a great laugh reading through your conversations with these mindless Virgin media idiots on the website. It’s actually hilarious how they’ve accused you of lying and have the same old “everything is fine on our end”... excuse. Absolute garbage service. And I read you make the majority of your income online. That actually sucks, I’ve been slowly breaking down on the inside and I’m a gamer. Can’t imagine how difficult it must be for you.

abrink89
Tuning in
Message 40 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. They found no problems on their end and they asked about the power adapter and when I told them what it was, they also said that wasn't a problem. I think it's all on their end. They just provide terrible service.

0 Kudos