cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible broadband service!

Kirsti
Tuning in

Where is the super fast broadband service that I pay for? Internet drops at my house several times a day and this affects my life badly, including  professionally (I teach from home and the internet problems have impacted my Zoom lessons on several occasions).

I have tried to get help from Virgin Media, but the telephone helpline is impossible to get through. They keep blaming Covid-19, but it just sounds like an excuse for a really bad service!

I would like help from a real person, rather than automated messages via the hopeless WhatsApp service (which is a total waste of time). Ideally, I would like someone to ring me from Virgin Media, but they have put a wrong telephone number in my account.

I have had the same number for 22 years, so can categorically say that the number they have for me isn't mine! I was able to change another discrepancy in the account, but not the phone number.

All of this doesn't really fill me with confidence when it comes to Virgin Media. I decided to stay with them earlier this year when negotiating my contract, but now regret my decision. So, have to put up with this terrible service for the time being.

I hope someone from the company reads this and makes contact.

Thank you.

30 REPLIES 30

Thank you, will do.

What did your tests reveal yesterday?

My internet connection has once again dropped several times today.

I really am at my wits' end!

Kirsti

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Kirsti,

Did you manage to get and run the connect app?

But this is not good enough from VM.  I have just asked again for them to come here and organise a Tech visit to sort it out for you.

Did you manage to get and run the connect app?

Report back here if that doesn't get actioned.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

No, I have not tried any fixes myself. Just don't feel confident enough to do it, would prefer a visit from VM.

How does one book a visit when they don't answer their telephone helpline?

Kirsti

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just hang on in here someone should reply soon and sort a Tech visit.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Kirsti,

I can understand that. I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to reach our teams over the phone.

I've had another look at our systems on this end and can see that we've recently identified a short term network issue which is impacting your connection

In the vast majority of cases, we expect these particular issues to be resolved after around 24 hours. Can you please let us know if there has been any improvements in your connection tomorrow and if not, we can look into this further for you?

Kind regards

Beth

Hi Beth,

My problems have been there on and off since you installed the new router. The connection for the old router is still showing in the list as an active connection and my appliances keep trying to connect via it.

Additionally, it is usually showing as stronger of the two Virgin connections, which is really upsetting. It is listed as available, yet I cannot connect via it.

I am away from home for a few days but you could send a technician in the week beginning 13 June.

We need to get this sorted!

Kirsti

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response Kirsti,

Welcome back to the community.

The old network shouldn't be showing if not connected anymore, have you tried to forget that network?

Also before we book any appointment we just have to advise the following. 

There can be a £25 charge added to the account if;

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know whether you're okay with this and we'll go ahead and book the appointment for you.

Kain

I will probably need some sort of network booster(s) but hope that your technician would be able to advice me on them.

Please book an appointment for someone to visit me next week.

Thanks and regards,

Kirsti

Hi @Kirsti thanks a lot for your reply.

Just to let you know, if a network booster is all that is needed for your problems (as it may seem at this point in time), you are likely to be charged the £25 for the visit as the engineers cannot install them unfortunately - they need to be sent out from our side, but it is literally just a case of plug in and play.

Would you still like us to book the visit for you knowing this, or would you prefer me to send you a Wifi Pod for the £5 per month? You are of course free to cancel these whenever you wish too.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Do I need to get this from Virgin and pay monthly, or can I get one independently, without a monthly payment?

If so, what is the name of the pod and where do I install it? On my laptop, or elsewhere in the house??

I am very disappointed by the lack of interest that Virgin Media has shown in a customer who has experienced problems for such a long time. You just don't seem to care!

I wish I had left Virgin when I had the chance in March.

Now I have to make do with this appalling service for another 12 months.

It is utterly ridiculous that I have to get connected via my mobile phone's hotspot, in order to have an uninterrupted Zoom connection for 1.5 hours at a time for my lessons.

This happens in almost every lesson now.

Appalling service!

Kirsti