cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Service - waiting install

wilsongill
Joining in

Like others on here I have had incredible issues when moving my wi fi to my new house. 

in short I have been waiting since January and my install has now been cancelled at the last minute 6 times - it’s now April and I’ve been waiting 3 months. 

when I phone I get a call centre who just push me from person to person and give me all the promises but no action. 

Been a customer for 12 years and I e been told they are waiting on council permissions but this is not true as council have no records and no permissions are required. I’m so frustrated - and my kids and I are paying over £100 a month each on 4G. 

Today I was 3 hours on the phone to four people and there seems to be a complete lack of communication between departments and no leadership, cohesion or willingness to assist customers. 

it’s just dreadful and I feel like just throwing in the towel to be honest. 

No one ever calls back or assists and I just get sound bites and disingenuous apologies. I just want my wifi and tv installed and I don’t think it’s too much to ask. Three full months of complete incompetence from Virgin I’m afraid to say. 

The systems within Virgin appear to be fractured and it needs looked at by someone as I can see from this forum I’m not alone. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its a common issue when things go pearshaped now with VM......

See John’s excellent precis of the situation in message 18 of this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @wilsongill

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for making your first post regarding your installation, I am so sorry to hear it's been delayed since January and that you are your family are having to use mobile data. That is not ideal at all, I apologise.

I would like to take a look further into this and raise a complaint for you regarding the matter. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena