cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Microsoft Teams

JamesRoseUK
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm a new VM customer and my connection in Microsoft Teams is awful. every other second cuts out on the audio front. This happens on multiple devices and I've already had a good read through the various posts that have already been made around this.

I have a Hub 4 and a M350 connection.

I've started a Broadband Quality Monitor on thinkbroadband already (based on previous posts) and have also run the "network diagnostic tool" in the Hub 4's configuration pages. It comes back with errors on telephone line and wifi, however it does not go in to detail and simply displays a exclamation mark.

I also have these logs:

Cable Modem StatusItem Status CommentsChannel Overview Downstream Upstream

Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel
SC-QAM
DOCSIS 3.0 channels
DOCSIS 3.1 channels

Ok... so what is next? Currently the service is unusable for work meetings, which is probably going to be it's main use day to day. eeeek.

Thanks so much to whoever replies!

James

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again James,

I don't think so, with the downstream power levels being high I would expect the attentuators would make it worse, so best wait for the experts 🙂

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey JamesRoseUK, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see you are having some issues on Teams.

Thank you for sending these levels over, this is really helpful.

Please can you let me know is it only Teams that is being affected or does it do it on any other website? 

Also has this happened since day one? 

Is this on WIFI or cable connection? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?