cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tenda nova

Doddy1975
Tuning in

hi guys,had the tenda nova mw6 system for just over a week now and after initially showing promise it has now proving to be a headache!!       System set up - after numerous tests and fails I have been advised to run the superhub with its wifi off as it was possibly clashing with the tenda and using the tenda to spread the wifi,initially this was running ok last night but this morning the primary nodes speeds have gone from around 200mbs to around 40/50mbs at best and the secondary nodes barely getting that.

i have rest the superhub and the tenda system more times than Katie price has had a boob job !

getting beyond a joke now,think I’m going to have to send the tenda back and get another mesh system- or will be back to the same scenario ?!?!

28 REPLIES 28

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
This is the correct sequence of events....

Put the hub into modem mode and wait for the base light to turn magenta. Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off. Then, set up your own router with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable to the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect your own router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just so I’ve got this right 

1- turn virgin hub into modem mode and wait till the light is purple and give it 5 mins. 
2- turn off the hub and the tenda system but only turn the virgin hub back on and wait 5 mins. 
3 once hub is back on and settled switch on the tenda and connect to the hub( making sure nothing else is connected in any of the ports and in doing this the tenda should link up ?

Yes.

But the light should magenta/red

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Cheers pal I really appreciate the advice,I shall give this a go tomorrow morning when the kids are still in bed,that way I won’t have them twisting “is it done yet !” 

And if all that don't work go old school with a PC to the hub in modem mode and get internet unplug replug Ethernet cableor power off the hub for 2mins and try again. Then connect that PC to the Tenda nova login and fine the MAC clone option to copy your PC MAC to the Tenda nova and connect the Tenda nova to the hub and you should have internet.

---------------------------------------------------------------

gary_dexter, Reading your response to the queries,  I think you are the bees knees, a WiFi Jedi.

I've just brought a Tenda Nova MW5-3, Waiting for it to arrive, I shall be writing to you.........

Bigmalc40

@Bigmalc40 wrote:

gary_dexter, Reading your response to the queries,  I think you are the bees knees, a WiFi Jedi.

I've just brought a Tenda Nova MW5-3, Waiting for it to arrive, I shall be writing to you.........

Bigmalc40

The setup process is the same regardless of the brand. And I certainly wouldn’t recommend Tenda Nova. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi Gary.

Thanks for your helpful responses in this thread!

If you wouldn't recommend the Tenda, which mesh system would you recommend (for a small(ish) flat, yet big enough for parts of it to be put of WiFi range from the Virgin Hub?

Thanks,

Z

Just had similar issues, but tried all the above and works a lot better 👍

However, which is better the hub 3 in modem mode or the Tenda in bridge mode?

My Tenda setup is bridge mode currently but I seemed to be loose some wifi signal across the mesh

cheers