cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tenda Nova

paulcostello24
Tuning in

Hi,

Has anyone else had a problems with the Tenda Nova kit (MW5s)? 

I’ve got it connected to the hub 3 in Bridge node and every couple of days the primary node goes offline / no connection to the internet until I re-power it?

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you tried it with the Hub in modem mode ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Not yet, but I didn’t really want to loose the firewall provided by the router in normal mode (unless it still works)

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Doesn't the Tenda router not provide the firewall in that situation? That would be normal practice

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’m not sure to be honest

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon Paulcostello24. 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Have you managed to put the Tenda Nova into modem mode?  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulcostello24 wrote:

Not yet, but I didn’t really want to loose the firewall provided by the router in normal mode (unless it still works)

The Tenda has a 1GB WAN port and a firewall built in, so best to use the Hub in modem mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks