cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tenda Mesh and TV Go App - help!

Schmaulie
Joining in

Hi all,

New on here, I've looked all over Google to no avail.

My mother-in-law has a main 360 box and 2 other (slave?) boxes. However, her coverage is rubbish in her extension and upstairs. At the time, Virgin weren't giving out their mesh (pods) so we bought her one, a Tenda. We plugged it in, named WiFi the same SSID as the old WiFi to avoid having everyone change their device settings. We then turned the Hub4's WiFi off to avoid any confusion.

So far, so good. Everyone has great coverage in all the rooms: upstairs, extension, back garden, driveway (for their electric car charger).

However, when they try to watch recording, their TV Go apps say that they're not at home and the other 2 boxes won't play the recordings either.

So far, I've tried connecting the main TV box directly to the main Tenda mesh hub via ethernet and wirelessly. That worked for a bit, then the same message about being at home and connecting to the same SSID as the main TV Box.

Yesterday an engineers came yesterday and basically turned back on the WiFi on the Virgin Hub, and plugged the main TV box into it. Essentially, if you're connected to the mesh, no TV Go, if you're connected to the main Virgin Hub 4, then it works.

Today, we basically turned the WiFi back on the Virgin Hub, disconnected and unplugged the Tenda mesh, and connected the TV box into the Virgin Hub. It now works, but of course the internet coverage is rubbish upstairs and in the extension etc.

I'm hoping soneone can help me on here, I've looked all over google and there's nothing specific.

Is there something I'm missing? There's aren't many setting in the Tenda App.

Would changing the SSID of the mesh help? So there's the main Hub 4 for TV Go (with its poor coverage) and the mesh for everything else?

Would getting Virgin's mesh/pods help?

I'm at a loss 😔

Any help would be appreciated.

FYI, I'm not at their house at the moment. I'm their sort of 'trouble-shooter' guy.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Schmaulie 

You might find the following thread useful Virgin-TV-Go-App/ on your home network 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Schmaulie 

You might find the following thread useful Virgin-TV-Go-App/ on your home network 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the info, I'll try the two different modes, bridged and active and see what luck we have.

• Initially, the mesh and the other 2 pods were in active mode so we plugged the TV box into the mesh pod.

But I'll try again and see if we can't figure this thing out.

Thanks again!

Hi there @Schmaulie 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing these issues with your service and a big thank you to @newapollo for their help and guidance so far. 

Can I ask if you have been able to try the two different modes? How are things now looking?