Menu
Highlighted
loft-co
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Telecoms Box Removal

Hi,

Please can you advise how we arrange to have the following telecoms box removed.  Openreach advise this is a virgin media box located within the grounds of our new mixed-use development.  We do not have a virgin media supply and the box is proving unsightly and in the way of construction.  Your immediate response would be greatly appreciated, we look forward to hearing from you.

VM telecoms box.jpgVM telecoms serial no.jpg

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Telecoms Box Removal

The Forum staff should pass this on to the cabinets/field ops teams, but I suspect much will depend upon whether VM (or predecessor company) have a wayleave to build on the land from the owner at the time.  If they have a wayleave, then there's essentially nothing they have to do, and you'd have to pay them to move it, and then only if they're willing to do that.  I can offer no proof, but I suspect many cabs were built without a wayleave, because when the networks were built by NTL, Telewest and others it was all cash-constrained rush job.  And based on my experience of working for a big infrastructure company, I'd guess the historic record keeping was very poor.

Prior comments in this forum suggest that VM go out of their way to avoid admitting any possibility of error on wayleaves, and I'd suggest that you do a search on "VM cabinet built without wayleave" or similar terms to see what's gone on before, and depending on VM's initial response to this post, check with the Land Registry to see if there's any wayleaves or other conditions attached to the property, and if there's still a problem, consult your solicitor.

chenks
Wise owl
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

and if VM do agree to look at it, you'd be looking at around £200-£300 for a survey, and then if works were to be carried out you'd be looking at tens of thousands of pounds for the works - would would be you or your development to bare the costs
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi loft-co

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you.

If you can advise me of the address of this box, I can forward this onto the Area Field Manager if you would like me to do so

Feel free to drop me a PM

Kindest regards

David_Bn