cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technician not turned up

alexandrabrown
Joining in

So I booked an appointment for a technician to come today 11/02/23. Two text messages confirming they were coming only for nobody to show up! On the phone for hours being transferred from department to department telling me it was booked for the 14th. Terrible customer service, couldn’t explain why I got the text message confirming the appointment on the 11th. Not to mention the wires are a safety hazard in the home. I need some compensation.

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@alexandrabrown wrote:

So I booked an appointment for a technician to come today 11/02/23. Two text messages confirming they were coming only for nobody to show up! On the phone for hours being transferred from department to department telling me it was booked for the 14th. Terrible customer service, couldn’t explain why I got the text message confirming the appointment on the 11th. Not to mention the wires are a safety hazard in the home. I need some compensation.

£26.24 for a missed appointment if VM fails to give you 24 hours notice of the cancellation.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced alexandrabrown,

Welcome to the community.

Just to gain clarification on the matter, did you receive confirmation previously of the appointment being booked on the 11th?

If so did the team advise why it was rescheduled?

Regards,

Kain

Hi,

I received 2 text message confirmations. The staff on the phone could not advise me why this had been rescheduled. To be honest I don’t think they could understand the issue we have been having needing wires relocated to enter the house through a different room. The team kept transferring me between one another making me feel like a joke.

I am still having a battle of trying to get a technician as I rebooked this for the 15th and again they did not show up. 

Thank you for the update @alexandrabrown 

Sorry to hear the appointment for the 15th did not take place. I have had a look and I can see the appointment has been rescheduled for you by our team. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs