cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technician comes, nothing's changed (213MB, not really). Bad-Wifi, Slow Speed, Intermittent Connection.

AS6
Dialled in

Hi everyone,

Just want to tell everyone what a fraudulent and dreadful company Virgin ''Fraud Media'' Media is. I have been experiencing issues with my broadband such as it appearing to my devices as offline so essentially turning off for a couple of devices and then they subsequently are losing connection intermittently, and having terrible speed across the home.

A Lord Technician That Knows Better came around and essentially said 'well look i'm testing it on my device after making it work properly temporarily and wow i'm getting the promised speed'. He thought he could fool me with his fraudulence so I ran the same speedtest next to the router and showed I'm only getting either around 30mb or 60mb at best (download). He made an excuse that oh well your device is different well apart from its an S20+ compared to his Iphone it should be using the same-spec Wi-Fi receivers/antennae so this excuse doesn't hold up, I believe my devices are being throttled but his isn't. Then for my Xbox he said don't use powerline networking it's worse than wireless. 

To be fair, he is right at its best i gain 10-20mb more for download however this doesn't change the fact that the other issue is also still remaining. This is the fact that NOT ONLY do I get CRAP speeds, my devices randomly LOSE CONNECTION therefore I either wait or I switch to mobile data (on my phone only cos i'm not using mobile data for an xbox thats ridiculous). He said that he'd moved us up a tier so we would get promised speeds + no wifi issues at all.

Well that was quite some BS, huh? Virgin seems to have engineers tampering with the wifi i mean the best way I can describe it is if 1000 homer simpsons were flicking switches playing around, throttling connection, turning it off etc. Sort it out already. I mean you could start doing Full Fibre and stop the throttling and give me a better box and perhaps it would stop but you only do copper and you have your infamous "Super"Hub. More like ThrottleHub.

Get me a technician for god's sake, and get me the best one you have to fix this mess. Joke of a company.

More chance of having better speeds if I shoved an Ethernet cable up my you-know-what but ill get censored by some sad little f'ers at virgin moderating language rather than focusing on giving me good wifi and to the rest of your hard-working customers.

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @AS6 thanks for getting back to us. 

I am sorry to hear your WiFi speed issues have not improved.  I can see my colleague Jodi has contacted a field based manager on your behalf.  I will chase this up with Jodi and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards

Lee

Hi @AS6

I can see you're liaising with Jodi.  I will leave you in her very capable hands.

Regards

Lee

AS6
Dialled in

Got some huge wifi pod from Virgin. They only give you one to fix it, so I don't have that much hope. Gonna test it out. Have to give 24 hours for it to actually start working! Which is always nice. As I've waited a decade why not wait 24 hours more and pay £10 more for the month to actually run it however, Jodi and the rest of the team, some would describe as the world's biggest hypocrites, have said that I'm still going to get charged after they promised at least one month free + I have to fix my terrible Wi-Fi by PAYING MORE MONEY! 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
And if it doesn't work out you can always get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

AS6
Dialled in

Update: All issues seem to be starting to fix. For one my mesh wifi plug is outputting speeds exceeding that of right next to the router. A bit of turning off sometimes as the wifi pod was settling in but now all is well. Except the fact I am getting charged a tenner for 1st month when they claimed it would be free, and that I have to pay a monthly fee for something that should have been given to me for free from the start if I am honest.

AS6
Dialled in

2nd update: It seems someone at Virgin saw I was finally getting my promised speeds! So now they have dropped again... to around 100/20 instead of 227/21 which is what i was getting before. Thanks ever so much, VM.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Yet you get speeds 227/21 by wire still?

---------------------------------------------------------------

By wire connecting from mesh to xbox Im getting 31/16 now instead of wireless which is about 100/19. 200MB+ lasted maybe an hr or 2. Gone. Extremely infuriating. I know my wifi should be higher and that the potential to have 237mb wireless and wired is there but they have limited it.