cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technician comes, nothing's changed (213MB, not really). Bad-Wifi, Slow Speed, Intermittent Connection.

AS6
Dialled in

Hi everyone,

Just want to tell everyone what a fraudulent and dreadful company Virgin ''Fraud Media'' Media is. I have been experiencing issues with my broadband such as it appearing to my devices as offline so essentially turning off for a couple of devices and then they subsequently are losing connection intermittently, and having terrible speed across the home.

A Lord Technician That Knows Better came around and essentially said 'well look i'm testing it on my device after making it work properly temporarily and wow i'm getting the promised speed'. He thought he could fool me with his fraudulence so I ran the same speedtest next to the router and showed I'm only getting either around 30mb or 60mb at best (download). He made an excuse that oh well your device is different well apart from its an S20+ compared to his Iphone it should be using the same-spec Wi-Fi receivers/antennae so this excuse doesn't hold up, I believe my devices are being throttled but his isn't. Then for my Xbox he said don't use powerline networking it's worse than wireless. 

To be fair, he is right at its best i gain 10-20mb more for download however this doesn't change the fact that the other issue is also still remaining. This is the fact that NOT ONLY do I get CRAP speeds, my devices randomly LOSE CONNECTION therefore I either wait or I switch to mobile data (on my phone only cos i'm not using mobile data for an xbox thats ridiculous). He said that he'd moved us up a tier so we would get promised speeds + no wifi issues at all.

Well that was quite some BS, huh? Virgin seems to have engineers tampering with the wifi i mean the best way I can describe it is if 1000 homer simpsons were flicking switches playing around, throttling connection, turning it off etc. Sort it out already. I mean you could start doing Full Fibre and stop the throttling and give me a better box and perhaps it would stop but you only do copper and you have your infamous "Super"Hub. More like ThrottleHub.

Get me a technician for god's sake, and get me the best one you have to fix this mess. Joke of a company.

More chance of having better speeds if I shoved an Ethernet cable up my you-know-what but ill get censored by some sad little f'ers at virgin moderating language rather than focusing on giving me good wifi and to the rest of your hard-working customers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AS6

I can see you're liaising with Jodi.  I will leave you in her very capable hands.

Regards

Lee

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You said in message 18 in your thread last week that.... "Secondly, I am planning on purchasing a mesh system."  - did you do that and has it helped sort the wifi connection (it should)?

FWIW my lad is a "semi-pro" gamer and always tells me that "wifi is the work of Satan" and will only ever use an ethernet cable connection for his PC and gaming consoles.  He bought a pair of high quality/spec Powerline adapters (cost ~£90) and he has no problems gaming on them.  Speeds are attenuated somewhat on our 200mbps package -- he regularly gets ~40-50mbps - but that is way more than needed and it is stable.  Only caveat for them is that the two units need to be on connected electrical circuits and not on extension leads etc.  In practice it means that the ring circuits must go through the same CU or fuse box.  Do you know whether yours are?  If so, they should work fine for an xbox.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AS6

Thank you for your feedback and for telling us how you feel - I'm really sorry that you are disappointed with our WiFi and with the service you received from our engineer.

I have taken a look at your account and can confirm that your connection issues have since been raised with the Area Field Manager, please stay tuned for further information as we look into this further.

Apologies again for the frustration caused.

Kind regards,

Serena

I am trying to find a TP-Link Deco M4, the recommendation from the technician, but as of yet I don't have it. In terms of Wi-Fi, I'm not happy as the technician said he had fixed everything when he came but the Wi-Fi remained the same. I did a wireless test right next to my box and got 30mb download. Clearly nothing had changed for the good, but instead had gotten worse. Wi-Fi is so disabled that I cannot watch youtube videos, and everyone is experiencing wifi disconnections. I was told that this would be gone, and that since we got moved up from the quote "bottom tier" our speeds/reliability should be better. 

I also run TP Link Powerline adapters that theoretically can support 500mb approx and are plugged in to sockets, not on extension leads or anything. Got told by Mr Technician that my speed would be better without them. It is by a small margin, however reliability of the connection is the same. Cutting out sometimes, losing connection not able to do anything about it other than hope the router get's its crap together.

You'd have better give me a response in the morning saying you will fix these drop-outs of connection and actually make sure I get the speed I am promised. Otherwise I won't be happy.

"Please stay tuned.. as we look into this further" Is this what you meant? Oh the irony, you bunch of fraudsters take down my Wi-Fi after exposing you for who you are. Enjoy the immoral money.                                                                 

AS6_0-1628292491395.png

"As we look into this further" Been a day and you still haven't responded. Nor has Jodi your staff member contacted me in DMs when he should be. He told me that well the technician's came round and sorted everything and that there are no issues on his system. This is "number one BS" as my Wi-Fi is genuine **bleep**e. It keeps losing connection to all devices and the speed's a joke. Fix it **bleep**, just FIX IT.

The technician hasn't done anything other than say he's fixed it. Has he? No. Wi-Fi is intermittent across ALL devices, and extremely slow. If I run a test right next to the box, i get 96/18. Thats less than half for downlod speeds of the claimed speeds which are 213/20. Upload's not even the same.

Something is wrong with the Wi-Fi itself, me getting terrible speeds no matter where I am proves this. I need another technician, and don't get me someone who's gonna repeat the same BS the other told me otherwise I'm gonna be **bleep** off. He better fix it, and actually do something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a mesh system can only better signal not speed, and when the speed is terrible from the router it means I need a technician to fix it by disabling the throttling that's definitely turned on to affect wi-fi performance.

What are you using to test your connection with and what speeds are you getting over wired?

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

I use Ookla speedtest

Getting promised speeds over wired but the issue at hand is wireless speeds are too slow and they put my router right at the front door and a re-installment will be much more than a mesh system which I am looking for RN (right now). And its not just slow wireless, its also the fact that my Wi-Fi seems to be randomly turning off and in doing so I have an intermittent/unstable connection. 

If I get mesh, will it all be fixed or not? I need you to please inform me as the other employees are all takin' the **bleep** and have stopped responding to me. I mean its been 3 days since the woman gave a response but didn't actually inform me, and I have been having conversations with a man called Jodi_S in DMs but he has stopped responding too. All I asked was for another technician to come and fix it, is it too much to ask? Sure, wired speeds are fine. But wireless; absolutely terrible. And I remind you again that the Wi-Fi is unstable.