cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV still not connecting adn no engineer appt

Shellems
Joining in

We still are having issues with our TV regularly saying its not connected to the hub either by cable or wifi and this was set up by the engineer on installation approx 12 months ago - it was fine for the first 6 months then had issues ever since!

plus the remote has stopped working for sound 3 weeks ago so we are having to use 2 remotes to watch tv one to operate the hub and the other TV control just for the sound!

we had an engineer appt booked for between 8-12 and despite there being 6 adults in the house at the time (with extremely large windows) and 4 cars parked on the drive we found a note shoved in the door jamb saying he had been at 8am and no-one was in!  Cant get through to a person on the telephone ......does anyone have any suggestions other than leaving Virgin!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the V6 (or 360) box connected to your Hub on ethernet cable or on wifi? If wifi it probably means you would need to improve the wifi signal at its location. We can advise on that - what Hub model do you have?

Or, for "guaranteed" connectivity, connect it to the Hub on a Cat6a ethernet cable and that should sort it. Can you do that - perhaps just temporarily with a trailing cable - just to pinpoint if wifi is the issue?

The remote may just need repairing to the TV to control its sound - ask in the TV group for help on doing that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi wifi works  (although doesnt reach very far) one of the techs on here tried connecting to our box and couldnt and said that indicated a problem with it.  the engineer connected it using Cat6 cable when setting up but it doesnt recognise this. We dont know enough to sort it out and dont want to start poking around and poss cause more issues.

on the TV box regulalry the 2 orange lights are on and its a nightmare trying to watch anything or even just recordings at times.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Shellems 

If you look at the top right hand side of the forum you should see purple envelope..

Click on that and there should be a PM message from one of the forum team regarding your VM TV set top box in relation to your previous thread <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Shellems, 

Thanks for your post to us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry for the issues with the TV service. 

I can see you have been speaking with my colleague via private message so we will continue to assist you further from there. 

Thank you, 

Nat