cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV in the garden room

BigJay71
Tuning in
  • we’ve had a garden room built and use a mesh booster, so internet is ok but buffers sometimes. We want to be able to watch Sky Sports etc up there but with our smart TV would need a further subscription with someone like NOW which we don’t want to do. Is it possible to have a 3rd virgin box installed and an Ethernet up there, running from the router in the main house?

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Certainly Virginmedia can install a 3rd box the only caveat is that they would also have to run a Virginmedia Coaxial cable to allow the TV box to get the signal, regarding running an Ethernet cable that is not something that Virginmedia would do, you can either do that yourself or look around for a 3rd party to install that.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Mike, I was wondering if I needed an Ethernet for a signal but I guess that’s what the coaxial is?

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Yes the coaxial will be the signal, with a V6 you can use either wireless / Ethernet to get the on demand, EPG and apps like YouTube etc.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Mike, engineer booked 👍🏼